Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I had the crazy idea of swapping the 1.6 CVT to a 3.5 manual in my 2012 Versa. As far as I can tell I have enough engine bay space to do so. I know it would need to fab some engine mounts and transmission bracket. Along with replacing the axle shafts. Brakes and suspension would all be upgraded to handle the extra weight. Just wanting to put a feeler out for how crazy of an idea this is.
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
It's crazy all right and shows how little you know. You haven't mentioned nearly all of the things you will have to change there, even on one that has a V6 in them you generally need a donor wrecked car now to change everything you have to.

Buy the car you want, the only way to do it.

I say that having done lots of that type swap work in the past.

·
Registered
716 Posts
As another poster mentioned, money wise you are better off buying a vehicle that fits the bill. If you have unlimited time, money and enthusiasm to build a car from the ground up that may not measure up to your expectations then give it a try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The VQ FWD 3.5 engines can be easily and successfully swapped in to the B15 Sentra Spec V (02-06) in the versa I recommend you stay away from it, on top of the fact that everything needed would have to be custom made, the transmission poses another problem.

IF you want to go faster in the versa, look at a Nissan Sentra SR turbo for a much simpler swap, trans and all. You get 188hp and 177lb ft torque stock. A few tweeks and you're at a good 220-240HP more than fun for a 2400lb car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts