Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving down the street the other day, nothing abnormal about where I was, the temperature outside, or anything and my car just...stopped. I was able to pull off the road but I was unable to get the car to keep running after that. It would start, then die after a few sputters. I got pushed home and a local mechanic came out to run a diagnostic. It threw NO codes whatsoever. Everything looked fine under the hood (no loose wires or connections). He decided to not let it die (kept giving it gas at high RPMs) and after a while, it idled just fine. He was able to shut it off, wait a few, and then start it back up again no issues. This was yesterday late morning. I went out this morning and started it up no issues. Put it into gears and still fine. What is throwing us both is that there are NO codes in the computer, and no, he didn't reset it accidentally.

Anyone have ANY clue what could be going on? Because a lot of things that it could be, would throw codes for issues with them (misfires, fuel pump/filter, etc).

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Year, model, and mileage might help you get some fresh ideas. Only thing that comes to mind might be contaminated fuel, but that's along shot. In older model vehicles, there used to be a problem called "vapor lock", but no so much in today's vehicles.

Vapor lock occurs when liquid fuel turns to vapor before it gets to the carburetor or fuel rail. This is a problem because pumps designed for liquid do not pump vapor very well.
Vapor lock causes:
  • Loss of fuel pressure (and flow)
  • Loss of power.
  • Stalling.
  • Difficulty restarting the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2010 Versa Hatchback, 89,000 miles.

I have been trying to research what it could be but without luck. The mechanic sadly had no clue either and didn't seem to inclined to try and figure it out. I bought it used so there is no warranty or service agreement available. It started again this morning without issues (no lights or hesitation) but I have been hesitant to drive it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Could have been trash that got by the fuel filter and stuck in an injector. I've had that happen on more than 1 occasion, not on the Versa but on other cars I've owned. When it would happen I'd just open up the throttle and hold it until the engine smoothed out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts