Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the fuel pump covered under the powertrain warranty, but the fuel pressure regulator is not??

If they had told me this beforehand I would've skipped the whole thing because I already knew it was the FPR, and I thought it was covered under powertrain, so I figured everything would be free and I wouldn't have to worry about it. I told them when I came in that I believed it was the FPR and showed them a clip of the starting process. According to the service bulletin, they also need to check the fuel pressure (mine was down to 5 psi after sitting for half an hour).

Instead I got charged $100 for them to confirm what I already knew.

I realize that this is just what they are supposed to do, but it would be nice to know everything up front, cause I would've just said "Don't bother then. Have a nice day."

Is there a Nissan employee who can comment on this? I'd just like to get a second opinion on the whole thing...

·
Registered
613 Posts
you could possibly message jbeau he is an nissan employee

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to send 2 emails and call twice to get a response from someone who knew what they were talking about, but it's all settled now. They offered either to refund me the $99.95 or replace the part and not charge me for the labor. I decided in the end to just take the $99.95.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
wow that is pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
robj80
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing