Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 Versa last month and I really hate the lack of 12v Power Outlets. Hunting around for an improved setup, I found this on EBay - In Car Charger Power Adapter Splitter 12V Sockets + USB | eBay there are loads of them and I paid less than $5 delivered for mine.

It fits exactly (and I mean exactly) into the oblong hole behind the handbrake and will instantly give you three 12v holes and one USB. I didn't actually buy it for this application - I lengthened the cable and installed into the little compartment above the radio - I removed the panel around the radio, made a decent sized hole in the back of the cubby hole and the power outlet wedges nicely right at the back. I now have my GPS routed under the dash and into this cubby hole and you can't see the cable at all.

I'm ordering another one to put in the hole behind the handbrake and that'll give me 5 12v holes and two USB - more than I'll ever need I'd have thought. I'm not a seller on EBay in case you're wondering - do a search for '12v power socket' and you'll find loads of them - even some in the US for quicker shipping. I just felt I had to pass this tip on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow I love that fit next to the handbrake. Looks like I'll have to order myself one.
Yes, it could have been designed for it - just stuff it in the hole and it stays put on its own. I actually bought two - one was $5 from a US seller and the other was $3.78 but it took about three weeks to arrive from Hong Kong.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to permanently wire it going underneath the existing jack. It would get rid of the wire sticking out there..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how hard it would be to permanently wire it going underneath the existing jack. It would get rid of the wire sticking out there..
It would be a little bit awkward I think because of how the wire pokes out of the unit - it would have to be turned around and then a hole made at the other end. It would be a pain in the rectum to be honest. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
ok I found an option I would do in this case.... I hate how far out from the dash mine is so I plan on getting this.....

I will be mounting it on the side of the lower dash area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Dead Eye
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing