Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even had my car for a week and I'm already tearing into it. I ordered a double din pioneer h/u, I already have the same unit in my truck and really like it. I have a kicker kx125.2, and a pheonix gold rsd6.5 comp set from one of my previous cars. Ill post pics when I start installing.

Anyone know the easiest way to get to a wire from the parking brake switch, or do I have to pul the center console to get to it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my radio today. Started install a little bit ago. Used the factory mounting brackets seems to be going in with no problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Fits great using the stock brackets. Huge improvement on sound. I ran a few sets of rcas for front door speakers and possibly a sub. I was shocked to actually measure under the seat. There's enough room for a normal depth sub down there. I might have to throw that 8" alpine type r under there.

I'd really like to get a factory USB input in the center console and make it work with the pioneer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I started messing with the door panels to see about installing the speakers and broke the tabs on the trim panel behind the passenger side mirror. Hopefully I can get a new one through the dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have the 6.5 component set for my front doors, and am trying to figure out what I want to do about the sub. Honestly I've been pretty content with the aftermarket head unit and stock speakers, but I can't leave it alone. I'm thinking of putting 6.5 "subs" in the back doors. I know a 6.5 is nothing for a sub, or even a mid bass but I figure if I seal the doors off and throw one in each door and lp it and 120hz or so that's better than nothing. I'm not really into the earth shattering bass anymore.

I'm researching the idea. Ill post progress when it happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like to upgrade my head unit eventually and was wondering if you had to wire the harness yourself or did you get a adapter kit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts