Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 versa hatchback that came stock with 15" wheels. Can i put 17s on it or would that not fit? The 15s are 185/65. If i cam do 17s what size tire would i need?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know that some in the past put 17" wheels from a 90's Sentra SE-R on their Versas.
IIRC they used 205/45/17.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2010 versa hatchback that came stock with 15" wheels. Can i put 17s on it or would that not fit? The 15s are 185/65. If i cam do 17s what size tire would i need?
It's generally recommended to not exceed 2" larger than the stock wheel diameter, and of course yoy can't go any smaller to clear the calipers. There have been Versa models fitted all the way up to 20", but anything past 17" will either run slightly or force you to get creative with tire choice.

A friend of mine, of the OG's @JoshG had 17s on his silver 1st gen sedan.

My 2nd gen 2015 sedan came with 15s stock, on 185/65R15 tires. I just upgraded to Konig Hypergrams in 17x9 (Nankang NS-25 235/40R17), from my previous 17x8 set (Goodyear Eagle Sport 225/45R17). No rubbing even lowered 2", but I run spacers and have rolled fenders as well.

Anything up to 8" wide should fit with no modification required, so long as the offset of each wheel is ~et40 and the tire section width is 245 or less.

I use the below website to exactly calculate my wheel offset and spacers for the best fitment. Remember though that you can't subtract offset, only add. Best to get wheels with too high an offset (such as with the Hypergram being et45 or +45) than too low, and have nowhere to go.

Tacoma world also has a good tire height calculator, it can be found with a quick Google search. I use all of these sites to roughly calculate the total height of my wheels + tire combos before I buy them, to avoid issues as much as possible.

Sent from my uleFone Armor_3T using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts