Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 versa hatchback that came stock with 15" wheels. Can i put 17s on it or would that not fit? The 15s are 185/65. If i cam do 17s what size tire would i need?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I know that some in the past put 17" wheels from a 90's Sentra SE-R on their Versas.
IIRC they used 205/45/17.

Reactions: versa_gtir

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
40 Posts
I have a 2010 versa hatchback that came stock with 15" wheels. Can i put 17s on it or would that not fit? The 15s are 185/65. If i cam do 17s what size tire would i need?
Short answer, yes.

It's generally recommended to not exceed 2" larger than the stock wheel diameter, and you can't go any smaller to clear the calipers (not that anyone would want to). There have been Versa models fitted all the way up to 20", but anything past 17" will either rub slightly or force you to get creative with tire choice.

Anything up to 8" wide should fit with no modification to the fender well or body required, so long as the offset of each wheel is ~et40 and the tire section width is roughly 225 or less.

I use the below website to exactly calculate my wheel offset and spacers/backspacing for the bwst fitment. Just keep in mind, it's best to get wheels with too high an offset (such as with the Hypergram being et45) than too low, and have nowhere to go. You can use spacers to subtract offset, but you can't "add" to the offset for obvious reasons.

Tacoma world also has a good tire height calculator, it can be found with a quick Google search. Using all of these sites to roughly calculate the total height of wheels + tire combos before you buy them will help to avoid issues as much as possible.

Sent from my Samsung S10 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts