Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what it looks like before powder coating it white. I'm hoping to have all the paint stripped by the end of this month. I'll keep you guys posted. Here are the specs.

MSR Eagle Alloys
17 x 7
40mm Offset
114.3 Bolt Pattern

·
Registered
613 Posts
nice, they will look sweet ;)
im looking into getting new rims as well

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice, they will look sweet ;)
im looking into getting new rims as well
Thanks! Not looking forward to buying the tires :incazzato:

Nice. Is your Versa lowered or are you planning to with the new wheels??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They currently have stock springs, but after seeing the before and after that bboy posted I do plan on having it lowered. The only problem is I do a lot of outdoor activities so having 3 people in a car along with all the gear may cause serious problems. I have a couple of options...
1. I could get Eibach springs which has a smaller drop over the Tein springs
2. I could get coil overs but thats some serious dough I don't have :shrug:

Heres the photo from the other thread

·
Registered
613 Posts
yay for using my pic! lol..

i would say springs for your situation. At least then your car wont look like mine before the drop, and if you get springs with the least drop then you will still have a good amount of clearance when you are doing your outdoorsy stuff. but coils would be nice, i wish i had the money for em!

·
Registered
101 Posts
being lowered on springs gives it a nice look, but if you plan on carrying passengers and other equipment, i wouldn't recommend it. i used to be on lowering springs and though the spring rate was a bit stiffer, it would still create a long spring travel. if you go fast over a small bump or a pothole on the freeway, you would bounce for a few seconds (really depends on what it is though). i remember carrying 2 passengers in the rear and going over a water gutter, and it made a horrible scraping noise.

after upgrading to coils, i noticed a huge different when driving and going through similar situations. i would recommend getting coils only because it gives you more adjustable options. you don't have to slammed it to the ground, but you could also give it the same look as lowering springs (about inch and a half drop). plus you don't have to worry about bouncing so much because of the stiffer spring rate and shorter spring travel

·
Registered
613 Posts
If only coils were cheaper, and thinking about it now your right FD3S, I would love coils too for the fact that I'd have the option to adjust during winter and not have my car end up like a snow plow lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
being lowered on springs gives it a nice look, but if you plan on carrying passengers and other equipment, i wouldn't recommend it. i used to be on lowering springs and though the spring rate was a bit stiffer, it would still create a long spring travel. if you go fast over a small bump or a pothole on the freeway, you would bounce for a few seconds (really depends on what it is though). i remember carrying 2 passengers in the rear and going over a water gutter, and it made a horrible scraping noise.

after upgrading to coils, i noticed a huge different when driving and going through similar situations. i would recommend getting coils only because it gives you more adjustable options. you don't have to slammed it to the ground, but you could also give it the same look as lowering springs (about inch and a half drop). plus you don't have to worry about bouncing so much because of the stiffer spring rate and shorter spring travel
Thanks for the tips! What brand of coils do you have on your versa now? Are you using stock springs with them? To be able to adjust the height to my liking would be wonderful

If only coils were cheaper, and thinking about it now your right FD3S, I would love coils too for the fact that I'd have the option to adjust during winter and not have my car end up like a snow plow lol
Do you find your lowering springs are to low during the winters? What kind of drop did you get with Tanabe?

Nice wheels. Going gloss or flat white?
Plan on going flat white :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the tips! What brand of coils do you have on your versa now? Are you using stock springs with them? To be able to adjust the height to my liking would be wonderful
I used to have the Tanabe Sustec Pro (bought from VersaSpeed). The great thing about a coilover system is that the manufacturer balances out the springs and shocks, so that they work in harmony. Its a complete system so you don't use any OEM parts; it even comes with aftermarket pillowtop mount to adjust camber! There's always the option of a custom spring / shock combo, but the spring rates in the current market are too soft (Tanabe, Megan, etc). Everything on my car is pretty much back to bone stock, but you can see how low my Versa was over at my post:
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692

·
Registered
613 Posts

Do you find your lowering springs are to low during the winters? What kind of drop did you get with Tanabe?

Plan on going flat white :)
Have had my tanabe springs on for the past two winters and have not had any issues with them. There is still quite enough clearance to drive around :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.