Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a what I belive is a base model 18 versa. Picked it up used a two months ago. I just had the check engine light pop up with p705 code. It would go away when my car had been turned off over night and then would show up again when shifting from park to drive. Then it progressed to the indicator changing a few seconds after shifting to not just being blank and when going from moving to stopped it will be a harder transition. I paid for the extended warranty but I'm not sure it covers sensors. If it's just a sensor then I might just change it myself instead of going through the dealer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Remember that there is no way to know what the problem is without a proper diagnosis. Any symptoms someone has on their vehicle could be caused by totally different issues than your.

But I bet you have moisture in your taillights. It's a common cause for this. I'd bring it to the dealer and see if your warranty will cover it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a what I belive is a base model 18 versa. Picked it up used a two months ago. I just had the check engine light pop up with p705 code. It would go away when my car had been turned off over night and then would show up again when shifting from park to drive. Then it progressed to the indicator changing a few seconds after shifting to not just being blank and when going from moving to stopped it will be a harder transition. I paid for the extended warranty but I'm not sure it covers sensors. If it's just a sensor then I might just change it myself instead of going through the dealer.
Currently have the same issue with my 2018 Nissan versa SV. My gear indicator goes out every time I use my right turn signal and press my foot on the brake at the same time. It also goes out every time I shift from Park to drive, car stalls for a few seconds and then the indicator is back on like normal. Your issue may also be like mine, I believe it's my right pigtail that connects to my right shifter in my trunk. My father installed a backup camera and had to rig the pigtail because he broke the connection testing to see which socket gave power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts