Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the original tires on my 1.6 and they are shot. Found out on nice 2 hour ride home in the snow storm the other day. The original size is 185/65/14. I have altima rims with 195/65/15 tires already on them. Now it is a big difference in tire size from what my 1.6 comes with but all other Versa's come with 185/65/15. Which is much closer to the tires I want to put on.

Anyone see any issues with putting these on my Versa? I know the speedo will be off but that's ok. Also do I need new lug nuts or can I use the open ended ones that come stock under the hubcaps?

Anyone ever run a 195/65/15 on a Versa? The altima rims have a +42 offset I believe if that matters.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you were closer I'd ask you if you wanted to part with them :)! I loved the stock tires with their low rolling resistance design and the fact they lasted this long.

You notice huge drop in mpg's with new tires and rims? Also did you get different lug nuts?

·
Registered
374 Posts
i know i wish i was closer to you. but yeah they were pretty nice they only reason y i got my konigs is because i had a great deal on it and i felt like the rims made the V look really small. but no i didnt notice a huge drop in mpg. should i have?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope but the stock tires on 1.6's are low rolling resistance and are suppose to help with mpg. It's a great thing you didn't notice a drop.

I just went out to look at my lug nuts and they appear to be tapered. Which is exactly what I need to put the altima wheels on. So I should be good reusing those.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
You should be good. The diff. is that the tires are a little wider but the height is the same. My 14s came with 185/65 and my SLs came with the same but the wheel itself is one inch bigger. Now I have 205/60 and my speedo is good. The car actually looks better because the tires are wider.

·
Registered
452 Posts
they will work dude i mean im running 205 60 r15s and technically i still have more sidewall then the stock tires but look at a tire calculator i suggest the one on miata.net

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is the miata calc that deaftosocietyhttp://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html was talking about. Very useful tool and I have used it for many years.

Thanks for all the help guys. If the 205/60/15's are fitting I should be able to get the 195/65/15's on. They are only .2" taller and not as wide.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need to come up with some money for two new tires. They have two brand new tires and two not so good ones with shoulder wear. So prob in month when I get taxes. I'm scared to put the ones on with the shoulder wear.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no the wear is on the shoulders indicative of the tire being ran under inflated.

·
Registered
452 Posts
205/60/15s here as well brother. Did your V come with those from factory?
nah standard 185s was what she had at first i finally broke down and bought a good set of rubber after my third set of used rubber

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

They fit just fine. I could't keep them on though since one tire is no good. Just had time to kill so I tested them out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.