Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey guys! used some VHT nightshades to spray my tail lights, i had cheap DIY tint film from autozone and i was sick of how unprofessional it looked so i went ahead and did this :)

BEFORE cheap tint

after cheap tint

Here they are drying new fresh VHT nightshades (it was 40* outside so i turned the oven on)

shiny :)

close up of final product

the backside

watcha guys think?

·
Registered
927 Posts
lol you forgot to cover your plate on the last picture hahahahhaa

ps this is for washington state but it may be the same for other state too :p
(1) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(2) Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop lamp or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that on any vehicle forty or more years old, or on any motorcycle regardless of age, the taillight may also contain a blue or purple insert of not more than one inch in diameter, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a back-up lamp shall be white or amber.

·
Registered
622 Posts

ps this is for washington state but it may be the same for other state too :p
(1) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(2) Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop lamp or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that on any vehicle forty or more years old, or on any motorcycle regardless of age, the taillight may also contain a blue or purple insert of not more than one inch in diameter, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a back-up lamp shall be white or amber.
Even though they are smoked they still give off the red light (brakes), amber light (turn signals), and white lights (reverse). They just aren't as bright anymore.

·
Registered
502 Posts
well done guys. both sets look great. #1tango, i like how you just tinted a section of the taillight... i think it looks really great on your sedan. not sure how it would look on the HB tailights...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks great!
And I love where you put your "Versa" logo. Looks good like that :)
thanks :) that was actually the first thing i ever did to the versa. the SL part is black with red trim around it, can't really tell in the pic though.

localnemesis said:

naw all the other pix already had the plate covered becuz they are old pix, i just didn't wanna cover the new pic, i got lazy. maybe i will later and re-upload.

2dr_sentra said:
#1tango, do you have any motor shots, interior, and more exterior pictures?
ya i think i have one of the engine bay, lemme check...

...here we go

muahahahaha!

This is an older pic before i had the Versaspeed grill and CF hood on their, but its the same stuff in the engine bay (and nismo radiator cap, haha).

as for exterior pix, i don't have any right now suprisingly, ill have to dig through my computer since its not on photobucket. im gonna wait till i get my new bumper and fix my car back up before i take more pix of the front ha :)

thanks for all the positive feedback guys :) i really took my time with this, i didn't wanna mess up.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey everyone! I am finally stoked to say that rebuilding of the front end of my car after crashing into my x gf is now complete! The story was that she was driving and a Mercedes slammed their breaks, then she slammed hers, and i was changing a song on my iphone, i looked up slammed my breaks and slid right into her on PCH. My CF hood was cracked and split a little bit, all headlight brackets were snapped, the front bumper was cracked and brackets to fenders snapped, versaspeed grill warped, and her car... some scratches and i popped her back bumper back in.... FML. Well the day has finally come and i finally got my versa all fixed and up and running again! Ive been talking about it for a while and its finally done. I hope everyone enjoys the photos!!!

I replaced the parts that needed replacing and also bought some goodies for the versa!

Things I did to the Versa:

New Sport bumper
Tenzo Type M wheels 17x7
Halo Projector Headlights
DDM Tuning 6000k HID Kit
NTD Throttle Controller
Autopia Fog Lamps
HALO JDM Yellow Fog Lights
Versaspeed Grill
12" Kicker CVR
Pioneer DEH-P3100UB Head Unit

The day of the accident

Parts in the mail!!!

DDM HID kit

Slim Ballasts

Halo JDM Yellow Fogs

Projector Headlights

out with the old sub 150watt rms

In with the new sub 400watt rms

NTD Throttle Controller

Autopia Fog lamps

Pioneer Head Unit

Sport Bumper

Tenzo Type M wheels

Puttn it all together!

Theo helpn out taking off the front bumper, and about to put in projector headlights

they look pretty sick on a black car

Ballasts

Putting my versas new shoes on (ive wanted these rims for 2 years and i finally have them!)

someone hit me on christmas day.... thats a different story

This is wat the versa looks like so far!

Puttn the sport bumper on now!

put the yellow jdm lights into the lamps

wiring for fog lamps

gonna install the head unit

NTD Throttle Controller installed!

Pioneer head unit installed!

this was a complete bitch to do but we got the bumper on, wired the fogs, and installed the versaspeed grill

The End Results!!!

night shot

in the process of getting fog light finishers because mine are cut up really bad ha. And the carbon fiber hood is being debated on whether it can be repaired or not. just FYI for everyone. Other parts debating on, hideaway license plate, rotora rotors or light weight NST Crank Pulley but all depends on the funds (got tickets to pay, parking). gonna buy the DC exhaust when it comes out! stoked!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed looking at this!!! This took a lot of time and effort, I want to thank Bob at Versaspeed for helping me out getting all the parts and goodies for the versa. and Theo (superskunk) for the long hours in his backyard putting the versa back together, and i mean lonnggggg hours..... thank god the ice cream truck came around or this would semi rebuild would still be going on haha. Big sticks and cheesy flaming hot cheetos ftw! And id like to thank Colby (villageidiot) for helpin me out in the tire dept for the Tenzo wheels.

versaspeed.com serving the Versa, Cube & Juke Community

Thanks everyone!!!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts