Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard about people putting the Sentra's 2.0 in the Versa and was curious; is it an exact bolt-in ECU/Mount/Tranny-wise or are there some parts that need to be swapped? Also; What could be expected in terms of mileage, TQ/HP and reliability of the motor.

Also a Rough estimate of part prices (shop price of course, I wouldn't be caught dead ordering it for retail) would be AWESOME!

Also if Anyone has done this that has documented it, could you please describe everything you did, along with pictures and videos if you have them?

Thanks NVF!

·
Banned
342 Posts
exact bolt in. Everything works. Had mine for 6 months or so. I have a thread somewhere on here covering my swap. I think you have to start with a 1.8 versa. No idea the cost. But a wrecker motor can't be that expensive. I used a brand new short block, but the easiest way is too get a complete wrecker motor and toss it in. It makes the car so much more fun to drive

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I've seen mr20's at yards and ebay for $575. That was cheapest I have seen them. So figure that and $100 max in fluids and your good to go. $675 for a swap :D. Add $1,000 if paying someone else to do it.

You can expect more hp, more tq, better mpgs, and bragging rights. If I bought an mr18 powered versa I would have done this swap already.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
your going from a 1.6 so you will have more work to do i dont belive the ecu will swap over.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
You guys know I'm all about mpgs. I would not trade my HR for an mr20. But it makes sense for the MR guys because the MR20 seems to get better mpg's and has more HP/TQ.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well the MR20 is 140hp stock so right off the bat you're gonna see almost a 20hp gain. I hear mileage is better as well. There's a couple of people in here that have done this swap already, you should get input from them. But like hemi said you're going from 1.6 to 2.0 so this might prove challenging. In any case good luck and I hope it is dueable.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
You guys know I'm all about mpgs. I would not trade my HR for an mr20. But it makes sense for the MR guys because the MR20 seems to get better mpg's and has more HP/TQ.
Yeah, good point. I'd like a faster car but trading my V isn't an option so I plan on getting something faster later later on.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The 2.0 is an amazing motor. U get power when u need it, without flooring it, and u still get a great 29mpg thru the city and 30+ on the hwy. I went from 23mpg city in the 1.8 versa 4spd, to 29 mpg city with the 2.0 cvt.

·
Banned
455 Posts
The 2.0 is an amazing motor. U get power when u need it, without flooring it, and u still get a great 29mpg thru the city and 30+ on the hwy. I went from 23mpg city in the 1.8 versa 4spd, to 29 mpg city with the 2.0 cvt.
As a former mr20 sentra owner it is a great engine. I did a trip from my home of glen burnie to west virgina...over a 400 miles drive in one tank...with a qaurter tank left...the cvt combined with the mr20= amazing mpg...the six greaat good mpg but not like the cvt. Also the 140hp and 147tq will also be a upgrade compared to a hr16 and mr18...think the most my computer said was about 41ampg and that was hyw...city was like 30ish...but for me I. Wanted more power...so spec v I went and great saving mpg went out the window...and only able to use 93 octane....SUCKS BALLLS

·
Banned
342 Posts
the mr20 is way better on fuel. I probably beat on my car way more than i used to. And i get another 100km out of each tank. Lol. its awesome.

However starting with a 1.6 i think you would be best to switch cars. Engine mounts, transmission, and ecu would need to be changed i think. It isnt even an MR series motor remember. Thats the only reason it is so easy for the MR18 guys to swap.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I wouldn't mind going through that if I were to turn my 1.6 into a project but its my DD so my plan is to keep it running and looking healthy and get the highest MPG possible.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I want to do this swap and will one day when the mr18 goes bad or its way out of warrenty.

·
Registered
656 Posts
yes!!! someone please do the SR20 swap and show us all what needs to be done!!! haha

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
yes!!! someone please do the SR20 swap and show us all what needs to be done!!! haha
Sell versa buy infiniti g20 :). Perfect swap! Jk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.