Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I owned a 2000 SL1 saturn for five years and just about recently when i encountered this fan issue. it happened that the fan will not come isnt functioning on the temp guage registers. Checked it and fount it very hot. checked the fuses, other Saturn parts and everything connected on it and they are fine. Heard about rewiring in some discussion sites but have no idea what's the first thing to do first.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I owned a 2000 SL1 saturn for five years and just about recently when i encountered this fan issue. it happened that the fan will not come isnt functioning on the temp guage registers. Checked it and fount it very hot. checke the fuses and everything connected on it and they are fine. Heard about rewiring in some discussion sites but have no idea what's the first thing to do first.
replace the fan relay and lets go from there :thumb2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I owned a 2000 SL1 saturn for five years and just about recently when i encountered this fan issue. it happened that the fan will not come isnt functioning on the temp guage registers. Checked it and fount it very hot. checke the fuses and everything connected on it and they are fine. Heard about rewiring in some discussion sites but have no idea what's the first thing to do first.
What fan are you talking about? is it the radiator or the cooling fan...please place some details here...Anyway, would be best if you do the rewiring job...

·
Registered
81 Posts
What fan are you talking about? is it the cooling or the radiator fan?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
one car i had mechanic rewire it so the rad fan always on when key on. i haven't done it myself but it can't be that tough. was cheap for mechanic to do it so i didn't bother myself.
you could also rewire it to a switch under the dash, just don't forget to turn it on!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What fan are you talking about? is it the radiator or the cooling fan...please place some details here...Anyway, would be best if you do the rewiring job...

yes the radiator fan. on the versa says RAD FAN, it looks like a fuse.
on your saturn it might say cool fan
the saturn relay fan should look like this

this is a saturn diagram, if yours looks the same, replace both fan relay fuses. I call them relay

and the fuse box is located under the hood close to the battery

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
one car i had mechanic rewire it so the rad fan always on when key on. i haven't done it myself but it can't be that tough. was cheap for mechanic to do it so i didn't bother myself.
you could also rewire it to a switch under the dash, just don't forget to turn it on!
if replacing the relay fuse doesn't fix it, or the fan takes too long to turn on,then I would add a fan switch and not forget to turn it on.

Does the fan come on when you turn on the AC?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if replacing the relay fuse doesn't fix it, or the fan takes too long to turn on,then I would add a fan switch and not forget to turn it on.

Does the fan come on when you turn on the AC?
Yup and the AC is doing fine as of the moment. Guess im gonna decide to drag this car to my buddy...Anyway thanks for your responses guys. Really appreciated your help!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yup and the AC is doing fine as of the moment. Guess im gonna decide to drag this car to my buddy...Anyway thanks for your responses guys. Really appreciated your help!
Not a problem man,

A friend of mine had a 2000 pontiac granprix and the fan didn't want to come on, I replaced one relay with another relay he didn't need, I think it was the rear defrost, and the fan kicked right on.
another part you might want to check is the temperature sensor, but never seen one going bad...
A manual fan switch should take care of the fan for sure, just remember to turn it on

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm slightly confused on what your saying is wrong, most likely because of your wording. I can probably help if I understood.

I happen to drive a 1999 SL2, I've had to replace my radiator fan not too long ago, it died. Right now I have it rigged to come on at the ignition, due to my a/c not working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts