Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
The US's was extended too, I think it was just a precaution, maybe some of the CVTs were having problems with higher mileage?

If you're looking into a used car, you might want to check the warranty, when we got our letter and all, the fine print stated it was valid for the first owner of the car, and was not transferable if we sold it. So sadly, the guy who bought our Versa doesn't have the warrantly. =/

· Registered
247 Posts
It must be, I just wasn't aware of it:D

That's the million dollar question! Since I will be buying used, I need to know if it's transferable. If not, I'll have to tell the wife, sorry you have no choice but to buy an Altima 3.5 SL or SE with a stick!:D
LOL yea, I'm not sure about Canada, but I know ours was not transferable, so when we sold our V the guy couldn't take the warranty with him, I hope the CVT doesn't fuck up lol..

You should inquire that at a dealership to see, Might can google it too but I'm not sure. An Altima would be nice tho!

· Registered
247 Posts
I checked the letter I got from Nissan and it says "This extended transmission warranty is fully transferable to future owners of your vehicle." That is taken directly from the letter I received from Nissan Canada in December 2009. Good thing it's transferable. Car was transferred from my dad to me in March 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Then yea, he can go get one used and still have the warranty up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.