Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dads 2005 Nissan Quest has had some issues starting up as of late. He had to get a boost this morning and the van seemed to work again no problem, but it seems to be re-occurring. We think it could need a new battery, what do you guys think? And i've never replaced a battery before but I would suppose its pretty easy.

Any suggestions on a replacement battery? Or anything else we could check to see why its not starting up normally in the mornings?

Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
from looking up some stuff online i see this is a well known topic for the quest, but with many different solutions. replacing the battery, and things i dont have a clue what they are, like the power distribution module, camshaft position sensor and a whole other list of things :S

this is starting to get a bit confusing

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like the battery won't hold the charge. I'd replace the battery soon before it loses all its juice. Likely not the alternator if it started.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Does it have problems starting mostly on cold mornings if so it's most likely the battery they are way easy to change just make sure you get one with a high cold crank number.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be the battery or the alternator. I'd get the battery tested 1st.
how would i test the battery? can i test it myself? not sure how i'd check

Sounds like the battery won't hold the charge. I'd replace the battery soon before it loses all its juice. Likely not the alternator if it started.
i'll def. look into changing the battery ASAP

Does it have problems starting mostly on cold mornings if so it's most likely the battery they are way easy to change just make sure you get one with a high cold crank number.
yes its been having issues on cold mornings! and how do i know where on the battery it says something about a cold crank number?

thanks for the quick replies guys :)

any batteries you recommend? (brands etc.)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
It should have a number that sez cca and the number I will look on mine and see what it is it will be on the top on the label. You can go to an auto parts store they can do it, do y'all have advanced autos they do it and can point you to witch battery to get and they even may be able to change it they do here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i just watched this helpful video on changing a car battery from a store here in Canada called Canadian Tire and it pretty much told me that I could take it there to get it tested for free, so i'm gonna go do that.

im still confused on what battery i should get, there are various prices and im not sure what ones better than the other or if one is just as good for the price its listed :S

take a look at the link from the Canadian Tire web site's list of batteries

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/Winter-Driving/BatteriesCables.jsp

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awesome! thanks for all the info guys :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts