Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Sorry no pictures for the moment.
So I've had my versa since 2007, she has 171K kms on her. Half city half hwy mileage.
She's unfortunately been sitting for the last 6 months and I've decided to give her some much needed attention in the last week and well; I've had many surprises to say the least.
-Squirrel nests! Yes for those wondering Versas make great squirrel condos it seems
-Rear hatch seal also makes for great condos, but for ants this time
-Engine in limp mode producing code P2119 constantly.

So far I've cleaned out all other forms of life from my car except myself and other human beings, I've removed everything up to the intake manifold, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned out all the connectors, yet that pesky P2119 remains. I'm starting to believe that I'll have to change the part completely, but I find this somewhat insulting at this point. Oh yes, I suppose it would help to tell you the car is in limp mode, so will not rev past 2500 rpm at idle and will not rev past idle if the transmission in engaged in any speed.

In any case. Future projects are to strip the hood and roof and all other traces of rust and give her a new paint job and hopefully give her a few more years of life.
This is Canadian car that has been out in all winters so unfortunately salt will eventually kill her, but I'm hoping it won't be because the engine gave out.

Any ideas or help on what could be causing code P2119 is more than welcome. I am not a mechanic by any measure, just a kid with patience, good hands and a curious mind. Once she's up and revving I will post pictures of the adventure :)

Again, a big hello to all :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi all.
Sorry no pictures for the moment.
So I've had my versa since 2007, she has 171K kms on her. Half city half hwy mileage.
She's unfortunately been sitting for the last 6 months and I've decided to give her some much needed attention in the last week and well; I've had many surprises to say the least.
-Squirrel nests! Yes for those wondering Versas make great squirrel condos it seems
-Rear hatch seal also makes for great condos, but for ants this time
-Engine in limp mode producing code P2119 constantly.

So far I've cleaned out all other forms of life from my car except myself and other human beings, I've removed everything up to the intake manifold, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned out all the connectors, yet that pesky P2119 remains. I'm starting to believe that I'll have to change the part completely, but I find this somewhat insulting at this point. Oh yes, I suppose it would help to tell you the car is in limp mode, so will not rev past 2500 rpm at idle and will not rev past idle if the transmission in engaged in any speed.

In any case. Future projects are to strip the hood and roof and all other traces of rust and give her a new paint job and hopefully give her a few more years of life.
This is Canadian car that has been out in all winters so unfortunately salt will eventually kill her, but I'm hoping it won't be because the engine gave out.

Any ideas or help on what could be causing code P2119 is more than welcome. I am not a mechanic by any measure, just a kid with patience, good hands and a curious mind. Once she's up and revving I will post pictures of the adventure :)

Again, a big hello to all :)
See if this helps................the price is right:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that is quite the relearn sequence!

I have not done that! I will try it out the minute I get back to my car.
Thank you for the help and I'll keep you posted on how things are coming along :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Possible causes for P2119 code:
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator
- Throttle plate sticking due to carbon build-up (you already cleaned it)
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator poor electrical circuit connection

P2119 NISSAN Description
Electric throttle control actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, etc. The throttle control motor is operated by the Engine Control Module (ECM) and it opens and closes the throttle valve. The throttle position sensor detects the throttle valve position, and feeds the voltage signal to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve and controls the throttle valve opening angle in response to driving conditions via the throttle control motor.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2119_nissan.html

If the problem persisted after re-learn procedure, you need to test the throttle body control actuator whether it is shorted or open using a multimeter. Also check the fuse, wiring to the actuator and connector.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
TechGuy8
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing