Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run a silicone bead around the windshield. I have taken up the two plastic strips that run from front to back on the roof and run silicone in those. I have even run a silicone bead around the antenna mount on the back of the roof, but with every heavy rain, water keeps soaking and dripping the very front center headliner between the visors. It is like the water is passing right through the metal roof!

I know that barring water magically passing through metal, i must have missed a spot somewhere. Has anyone else had this happen that might have a clue as to what i should go after next? I'm closing in on replacing the windshield even though it doesn't have any dings just to try to fix the problem.

Thank-you folks!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Probably be easiest to drop the headliner and go to a carwash, or have a freind run a hose over the car while you check for leaks.
Have you checked the weatherstripping around the hatch? All doors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right, but the last time i dropped a headliner i had to deal with so much hot glued wires to the back of the headliner that i have been trying everything i could before biting that bullet!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Everything disconnects on the Versa rather easily, so the wires stay glued to the headliner.
One is the antenna, which is near the base. The other is the dome light, which is under the plastic rectangle that is under the passenger sunvisor.
For the sunvisor clips, turn those 1/4 turn to the left and they drop out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank-you! I see you've been there, done that. Now that i am in Palm Bay, FL, and in the "warmer" months, i will wait for a cold front to come through to do the work, but it sure beats being in Colorado Springs and having something go wrong in the winter...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts