Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Nissan Versa that had issues with shifting and intermediate acceleration issues, typically from stopped position but you can feel it struggling some time at freeway speeds. The car struggles to get to 2000 rpm’s and then finally kicks in.
The check engine pointed to the speed control and 02 sensors.
I changed the speed control which fixed the shifting, the 02 sensors didn’t fix the acceleration and the check engine came back on.
I changed the catalytic converter which solved the check engine but still acceleration issues.
I’ve seen forums on the brake sensor possibly being the culprit, but I changed which didn’t help.

The car has a 150k on it and I would love to get another 50k but that will not happen without solving this issues.
Any insight will be extremely appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a 2007 Nissan Versa that had issues with shifting and intermediate acceleration issues, typically from stopped position but you can feel it struggling some time at freeway speeds. The car struggles to get to 2000 rpm’s and then finally kicks in.
The check engine pointed to the speed control and 02 sensors.
I changed the speed control which fixed the shifting, the 02 sensors didn’t fix the acceleration and the check engine came back on.
I changed the catalytic converter which solved the check engine but still acceleration issues.
I’ve seen forums on the brake sensor possibly being the culprit, but I changed which didn’t help.

The car has a 150k on it and I would love to get another 50k but that will not happen without solving this issues.
Any insight will be extremely appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
One item you might want to check would be the fuel filter, which if clogged may cause problems. Fuel pump may not be providing the proper fuel flow to the engine. Another possibility might be some bad fuel contaminated with water. Don't know when the car was last tuned up, but your spark plugs may need replacement. Next in line would be the coils and wires to the plugs. Sometimes a coil can become weak, and not deliver the proper voltage to the plug.

Long shot would be the MAF sensor which can cause issues with poor performance but usually would throw a code.

I would start off with the cheapest fix I.E. the fuel filter. I would also add some fuel conditioner like dry gas, or a fuel additive made by Lucas and give it some time to work through the system.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pimperell,

I've done a tuneup fairly recently, but fuel filter is a good idea, I don't believe I've done that and I will check MAF sensor. If nothing else there will be two less things to worry about, I hate troubleshooting!

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a post on the MAF sensor cleaning, Pimperell, as you pointed out there was not code on it, but it was worth a try. So, I purchased the cleaner and cleaned the MAF, no apparent help. The fuel filter is tied the tank fuel pump so I'm a little hesitant to swap it out because by all accounts the vehicle appears to be getting fuel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
get an elm327 dongle, and use either torque pro or obd fusion to get the raw data, look at the misfire counts for all cylinders.

I was having a similar problem, turns out injector #1 was clogged, and #1 misfiring occasionaly, but not enough to trigger a code, once replaced car is smooth as butter! :grin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Legatinho, where did you see the info that the #1 was misfiring? How did you know it was clogged. I'm having a hard time understanding the data.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts