Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL 56,000 miles and always minor ticking from engine.. Is this something that can be fixed or adjusted? Its not a major problem but I can hear it and is most noticeable when I first start the vehicle. I always use 5-30 quakerstate oil and do change it between 3 and 4 thousand miles. Any help would be appreciated.. This used to be my wife car but she handed it down to me.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
if it's the 1.8L, it's pretty normal. if it goes away after engine warm up, you're good!
ticks a bit longer when it's -25C here, but all good. Welcome!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think the noise is because Versas have a timing chain, not belts. So we get extra bonus and not have to worry about a belt change service every 100,000km's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Valve Train Noise

I also wondered about the noise. But not to worry. My brother has 172000 miles on his 2007 Versa S 1.8. And I have 44000 on my 2010 Versa 1.8., And both cars make that same noise, with no issues.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
If anyone is in CT on this forum with a 1.8 I would love to meet up and listen to this ticking and compare it to my 1.6. My car is so quiet other then injectors ticking that people always ask if my car is even running.

·
Registered
106 Posts
try some synthetic oil

I generally don't run synthetic oil, but about a year ago, I got some synthetic on a good sale (Valvoline) and tried it in the Versa. It made a noticable difference, significantly reducing the ticking sound my Versa makes.

May be worth a try. If you do your own oil changes and watch for sales, you can pick up synthetic at good prices every now and then. On the other hand, if you are paying for oil changes, most places charge a hefty premium for synthetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.