Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

I`ve got a a 2007 nissan versa with 120000kms. Went to start it the other morning wouldn`t. Tried to bump start nothing, tried to boost it nothing. when i turn ignition dashboard lights flicker on and off but don`t dim as i would expect from dead battery. took to local canadian tire they checked and charged battery said it was fine. any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i suspect alternator, but that doesn't happen very often. check connections good on alternator, battery and starter. take alternator to crappy for testing too:)
Welcome jpatrick!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If you tried bump starting and jump starting then low/dead battery can be ruled out. It seems there is some type of electrical issue... maybe a loose connection somewhere. Possibly a loose battery terminal or loose connection to the battery? Try wiggling it at the connection point.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just noticed you said the lights are on but flicker when you turn to start... so obviously it is getting power. Could be the windings in the starter are gone.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Check Starter:
does the engine turn when you try to start it?

Check Fuel Pump:
Can you hear the fuel pump turn on for 2 seconds. you can hear that little 2 sec buzz on the back seat.

if it turns and you can hear the fuel pump buzz then it could be the alternator. remove it and have it checked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts