Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hoping I can get some solid advice here.

The service manual has some detail about how to remove the front seats. Unplug the battery, remove the covers from the rail, remove the bolts from the back of the rail and then the front, disconnect the electronics from the seat, and remove.

I'm stuck on disconnecting the electronics. The manual doesn't go into any detail on how to properly remove and unplug the wires to the seat. It just says to disconnect. They're held in by what looks like a plug attached to the body of the seat that has an attached zip tie. They don't just snap out.

Does anyone have experience removing a front seat with these plugs holding the wiring in place? I'm trying to remove the seats to fully detail the interior in order to sell, and I need to fully remove the seats to properly shampoo the floor.

·
Registered
2007 Versa s hatch 6spd
32 Posts
I just swapped my seats a few weeks ago. You will need to disconnect all three connectors (or two depending on side) and then pop them out of the one place that they are connected to the chair with the wrap. I wedged this out with a screwdriver and honestly didn’t worry about replacing it in the new one but used a zip tie instead. Honestly if you install the seats right and your not rummaging around all the time down there you shouldn’t have an issue if you don’t reattach that mounting point to the chair IMO.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just cut the zip tie. If you really want another, big box home improvement stores do sell them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts