Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. The clutch on my 2007 Versa recently started feeling spongy, so I wanted to try bleeding the air out of the lines to see if that would fix the problem.

I've connected a tube to the bleeder valve, pumped the clutch pedal, and opened the valve by pushing in the pin and pulling the clutch tube out until it clicks. My problem now is I can't get the valve closed again. I can push the clutch tube back into its original position, and even feel it click back in, but moving the pedal still pushes fluid out through the bleeder valve.

Anyone have any ideas? Have I messed up the slave cylinder? Or is the valve just extremely hard to close and I just have to keep wrestling with it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone else sees this, the answer was that it IS just incredibly hard to close. Basically, the part of the slave cylinder that the valve and pipe connect to has too much play in it, so you can't just push it back in to lock it, at least in my vehicle. I had to get underneath the car (where I could get both hands up close to the valve), grab onto the slave cylinder pipe with a pair of needle-nose pliers, and THEN I could push the valve back into the closed position.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If anyone else sees this, the answer was that it IS just incredibly hard to close. Basically, the part of the slave cylinder that the valve and pipe connect to has too much play in it, so you can't just push it back in to lock it, at least in my vehicle. I had to get underneath the car (where I could get both hands up close to the valve), grab onto the slave cylinder pipe with a pair of needle-nose pliers, and THEN I could push the valve back into the closed position.
Not that I had a similar problem, but thanks for getting back with your solution. Sometimes posters put problems up, and thats the last your hear from them, never knowing if they ever found a fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts