Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum.

I am looking for a commuter car and stumbled upon a 2007 Nissan Versa hatchback S with 5 speed manual transmission. The car has 104,000 miles.

Just wanted your opinion on this year / model and let me know about any gotcha’s on the car. I do know about the fuel pump issue.

Thanks in advance…..

·
Registered
88 Posts
The fuel pump regulator is the main issue, but it may have been fixed on this car. Nissan released a service bulletin on it, and my local dealer replaced it when I brought the car in for an oil change.

Piston slap and noisy lifters are other known issues. Noisy lifters is nothing to worry about. Piston slap is a progressive problem that will get worse and worse, but not all engines progress at the same rate.

Only other common thing I can think of is the TPMS. When it goes bad the tire pressure idiot light won't go off.

2007 was the first model year, so depending on when it was built there may be other issues that aren't as common. Any model can have lemons, but I don't think the Versa has a lot of problems compared to other vehicles in its class.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
broken coil springs seem to be a frequent occurrence as well. Also sub par gas mileage for a compact car with a small engine. But like stated above and with any car some are flawless while some can be full of flaws.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome, and you should get it lol. Regardless of the issues mentioned above the Versa is a great little car. When maintained and serviced properly they last. BTW I think it's actually a 6 speed unless they were different back in 07.

·
Registered
226 Posts
cheap to maintain, comfortable commuter. I like my sports cars, but honestly my '08 6sp S hatch has been one of the best cars I've ever owned. And I've been through Chevy, Subaru, VW, Audi, Jeep, and 2 other nissans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This cabin hits above its weight where size and dimensions are concerned. Even taller Versa drivers report satisfaction with the machine’s interior spaciousness. That’s thanks in no small part to nearly 2700 L (95 cu. ft.) of passenger volume. Additionally, a folding rear seat and generous cargo hold help Versa Hatchback tackle any combination of passengers and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.