Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I don't have the original keys to my 2007 Versa SE anymore so a locksmith came and made me a new key, but didn't give me a key fob. I bought a replacement online and tried to program the fob myself following the instructions, but I can't get the emergency lights to flash so I can program the fob. Also, I have an ignition cover which I think is preventing me from getting my Versa into "setup" mode and I have no clue how to get it off. Any suggestions? Your help is appreciated!
20200225_192858.jpg
20200225_192858.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
You have the smart key setup. I am not sure the standard key fob programming will work.
You may have to take it to a dealer for programming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer! Thanks Keith, I appreciate you taking the time to reply and offering your advice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's the video I used when programming the key fob on my '16 Versa extra keys. The key has to be put in and removed a certain number of times within a certain time frame. I'm thinking on mine the flashers flashed after about 5 or 6 cycles of inserting and removing the key but if it's not done fast enough it can take more times.
As far as removing the ignition cover I have no idea. Maybe that would be a good question for the locksmith that made the keys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried inserting the key 6 times in 10 seconds, 10 times in 10 seconds, 15 times, but the lights just don't flash. I think the cover pictured in my original post slows me down some too. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So long story short, I don't have the original keys to my 2007 Versa SE anymore so a locksmith came and made me a new key, but didn't give me a key fob. I bought a replacement online and tried to program the fob myself following the instructions, but I can't get the emergency lights to flash so I can program the fob. Also, I have an ignition cover which I think is preventing me from getting my Versa into "setup" mode and I have no clue how to get it off. Any suggestions? Your help is appreciated! View attachment 17434 View attachment 17434 View attachment 17434
So long story short, I don't have the original keys to my 2007 Versa SE anymore so a locksmith came and made me a new key, but didn't give me a key fob. I bought a replacement online and tried to program the fob myself following the instructions, but I can't get the emergency lights to flash so I can program the fob. Also, I have an ignition cover which I think is preventing me from getting my Versa into "setup" mode and I have no clue how to get it off. Any suggestions? Your help is appreciatey
I tried inserting the key 6 times in 10 seconds, 10 times in 10 seconds, 15 times, but the lights just don't flash. I think the cover pictured in my original post slows me down some too. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help.
you just have to work the rubber cover out with a thin screwdriver, additionally I agree with the other gent who said you might just have to go to the Dealer. As car guys we save so much money DIY but once in a blue moon you gotta pay the piper. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you MyBlue2015! I appreciate your helpful reply! I will be taking it to the dealer soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts