Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time on this forum. I've installed two aftermarket stereos in the past 20 years or so when I had a simpler setup. But this hatchback includes an amp and I'm wondering if I've done something wrong with my wiring.

I have an Atoto A6 Pro head unit. I got the Metra 70-7553 harness to retain factory amplifier, and Metra 40-Nl12 antenna adapter. I've wired everything together, following the connections in the Atoto manual and Metra charts.

The unit turns on and I can see that it scans and connects to local radio stations, (also Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS work fine) but I get almost no sound (if I press my ear to a door speaker, I can hear the station faintly).

I was told by Atoto support that I should check my wiring, but it seems good. Since I cannot really hear anything, I thought it might be the amp. The "Amp turn on" wires on the Metra adapter and radio harness are connected.

I sent everything back - thinking something was defective - and I reconnected the factory/oem 6-disc changer stereo and it works fine. I repurchased the same Atoto and adapters, but I get the same result. So it must be something I'm doing wrong.

I've attached pictures of my wiring job. I would appreciate any suggestions.

And apologies if I've overlooked to include important info. Please let me know.

Sincerely,
David

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's your wiring. There are no factory external amps except for a subwoofer.
All speakers are driven by the radio itself.

This is for terminal reference. The Versa wire colors are different.
Versa wire colors:
1 not used
2 White
3 Brown
4 Violet
5 Red
6 Blue
7 Light Green
8 not used
9 not used
10 not used
11 Grey
12 Sky Blue
13 Light Green
14 Grey
15 Black
16 Pink
17 not used
18 Sky Blue
19 Brown
20 not used

The sub/amp combo is run through the 16 pin secondary connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for this information.

So are you saying there is an amp for the subwoofer only?

Do you know why a harness that retains factory amp (Metra 70-7553) is said to be required (by a few installers I've called) for the SL with subwoofer?

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thank you very much for this information.

So are you saying there is an amp for the subwoofer only?

Do you know why a harness that retains factory amp (Metra 70-7553) is said to be required (by a few installers I've called) for the SL with subwoofer?

Thank you very much for your help.
Yes, subwoofer only.
As for the harness, no idea. Looking it up, it will not work with any Versa.
You need just the regular 20 pin harness that fits ALL Nissans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts