Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gud day.. where can i find the dipstick of the transmission oil.. how can i measure if theres still oil on the transmission. Thanks..

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Tranny fluid=oil.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thank you sir. Mine is a manual transmission sedan.
Typically manual transmissions do not come with dipsticks, not sure about Nissans though but if so, that would be a first (at least AFAIK).

The historical/usual way of checking M/T oil level is unscrewing the fill access bolt. The oil level should be just be in line with the bottom of that fill hole. This is the same procedure in checking rear axle oil on most RWD vehicles. Again, not sure about Nissan so better check the service manual.

BTW, I was surprised to find out my CVT equipped Note no longer has a dipstick as well, which is quite unusual for an automatic trans.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Typically manual transmissions do not come with dipsticks

The historical/usual way of checking M/T oil level is unscrewing the fill access bolt. The oil level should be just be in line with the bottom of that fill hole.
that.

Tranny fluid=oil.
and that.

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Versa S
1 Posts
Is there any possible way for me to add tranny fluid to my manual versa s. Called dealership and dude said he would charge me 300 to put a bottle of fluid in my trans, I'm sure you all can guess what my response was. I changed my passenger CV axle and lost a little fluid in the process, just looking to replenish it and get my ass back on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts