Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the issue: When we start the car, the radio will come on, and whatever station is already on, or whichever CD is set up will begin to play, however nothing else will work. You can't change the channels, can't get the CD to stop, can't change CDs or skip to other songs. None of the buttons work. After driving for a few minutes, some of the buttons will begin to work. However, randomly, they'll stop working again and the stereo will get stuck on one channel or one CD.

Any thoughts on this? Also, if I replace it, do I need to replace the entire stereo or just replace the faceplate with a working one?

It's my wife's car and I'd love to get this fixed for her as a Christmas gift. It's been driving her crazy. But I'm not really a car guy and there are so many model numbers for this 6 CD stereo that I'm not even sure where to start.

Any help would be very appreciated.

· Registered
824 Posts
The 6 disc changer has always had issues. Kinda suprised yours lasted this long!
If you want to replace the radio with a Nissan factory unit, you can use radios from Versa, Sentra, Cube, and NV vans.
If you look around, I have a thread about putting a AM,FM,XM, and Navigation radio in my 09, if you wish to go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts