Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator just started to leak tonight when I was stuck in a long drive-thru line. I only lost about 20 oz of fluid so I am grateful for that. When I looked online for a replacement radiator, I noticed two types listed. Anyone know How I can tell which one I should buy? They are fairly inexpensive..

Thanks - this is my first post

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2011 Hatchback 1.8S. Just for grins I went to RockAuto to view my radiator choices. Seems the differences pertain to whether you have an auto trans or CVT. Is this what you're seeing?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
if you go to nissanpartsdeal and input your VIN number it will tell you what part exactly your car has.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Transmission type nearly always determines which radiator you need for any car. You can use one equipped for an automatic transmission on a manual transmission auto but not vice versa. If you know which transmission you have CVT, automatic, or manual you can determine which radiator to order/buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I went to the above website and it says I have the automatic transmission. This makes sense in that I found a post here last night that you cannot feel the CVT shift as you accelerate and I definitely feel/see the transmission shift as I go. I am going to go to Rockauto above to purchase it - it is a sixth of the cost from Nissan.

Of course the leak is where the plastic and metal meet. I am just going to go ahead and replace the radiator hoses and thermostat while I have it apart too. It doesn't look too bad - if anyone has hints please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found another method - the shift positions. For an Automatic Transmission they are: PRND21. For a CVT they are: PRNDL. Sorry for my ignorance, b
You can tell whether you have an automatic or CVT by looking at the shifter. CVT has PRNDL standard automatic has PRND21.
Thanks for the response!
ut I appreciate the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts