Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
553 Posts
it will come a time when I'll have to do it too.

I actually found the same system you found on ebay...I'm not sure about overall quality but nissan OEM one seems not very high end (and I took great care of it).

Cat works fine. Please let us know if you find some good options :)

· Registered
553 Posts
I think I am going to order the 2 parts off Amazon.
The hardware I will try to order tomorrow at a dealership. I have a list.

I also have to order hardware for changing the right lower control arm and look into ordering the subframe bushings.

I'm starting to get overwhelmed. I was ok up until the subframe got added to the mix
It seems foolish to save that as a project until later. Maybe we are lucky and it doesn't need those parts yet. It doesn't look like something I am capable of doing myself, anyway. In my current physical state.

Thanks.
the bushings need to be pressed out and replaced with the new ones. But those can wait a little longer than the lower control arms, because if a ball joint goes out while driving....
Hopefully you can wait for the subframe. It's not an easy job, if the car has rust beneath it the bushing might be "welded" to the subframe, you would need a lot of heat and hammering. Also after that it needs to be realligned...

For the lower control arm check Moog brand, I used those two and after 4 years they are still as new.
The right one is the easy one..the driver side is way worse because you have to lift the transmission a bit.

I would love to help you but I live in east Ohio :/

· Registered
553 Posts
bolt is: 54459-AX00C so you got it right,

and nut seems to be 01223-N2011, so they both look correct! I checked it on nissanpartsdeal.

What happened to the bot and nut that came with the car? did you have to brake them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts