Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car has been in the shop since last friday, its been six days. I have a 2009 Mazda 6 as my rental.

• Automatic Transmission w/ "Sport shifting capabilities"
  • Handles VERY well
  • Gas mileage pretty good for a full size sedan
  • Sound system is great
  • The AUX input is inside the armrest consel so its hidden
  • Driver seat is not comfortable like the Versa
I'm going to test drive the Mazda 3 this weekend. Im paying off the Versa next month and Im in the market for a new ride :multi:

LoL...I've been tearing this rental UP

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
You going to sell your Versa and get something new? Or just buy a 2nd car?
If I buy a car it will be something just for the summer, and I'd keep the Versa as the winter car (but that's what I want to do in four-five years time) ... I need a house and garage first! :lol:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
The 09 is nice ... I dislike the smiley faces on the new 10s. I sat in them at the auto show, but didn't make me feel good sitting in it. Not my cup of tea. I did LOVE the cube though (inside and out) ... I really was hoping to sit in a NB but there were none there :(

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
dont blame ya. The versa great. But once you get it, after a while its like, ok I need something new, im board with this. lol. And I also have to agree with you on seat comfort. Its good, but I find myself every 10min readjusting myself, dunno what it is. I am 6.3 tall and about 250lbs. So im sure thats the problem. But if I had to do it again, like if my car was totaled, id look into the sentra, or altima. I wouldnt buy another versa, its more family orentied, and great as a second car. I didnt like the camry, and corolla. And hondas too much for me, for what you get. And I dont personally like american cars, just because of the depreation value. Mazadas are nice looking though!!! Ive always liked the 6, its always been stylish! I just want something a little bigger for the drivers position, not just the whole car like the versa. But I think ill keep the versa, and buy a used 08-up highlander or 05-up pathfinder as a second car in about 2-3 yrs. But that could change, cause the sentra SE-R looks pretty good too. Time will tell.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Versa S: I think he said the Mazda seat was NOT as comfortable as his Versa. "Driver seat is not comfortable like the Versa"

The SE-R is pretty nice. My brother is a tall guy too and likes his sentra. Very powerful car.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Versa S: I think he said the Mazda seat was NOT as comfortable as his Versa. "Driver seat is not comfortable like the Versa"

The SE-R is pretty nice. My brother is a tall guy too and likes his sentra. Very powerful car.
my bad, read it too quick. But theres nothing wrong with the versa, its just not as exciting as it was the first day. But its still better than camry or corolla overall. Those two are horrible compaired to the versa. I test drove both, plus yairs. I didnt even drive yaris, cause I couldnt fit well just sitting, lmao!! The versa's seat is much more confortable than those too. But it dosent shape me very well. But I think its cause of me, im more than positive. But Ima keep mine, unless I dont have a choice too. Its still a good car all around. :smile5:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

I dunno, cause now I read it again. And he says "not comfortable like the versa". But if he said "not as comfortable like the versa", then he would be saying, that the versa's more comfortable. But I dunno. He could have worded it wrong. lol

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Oh ... I guess it could be taken either way. I took it to mean that the V's was more comfortable ...

Lol ...

I find the seats very comfortable. Took a 3000 KM road trip before in the Versa ... and found it more comfortable than Chuckie.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Oh ... I guess it could be taken either way. I took it to mean that the V's was more comfortable ...

Lol ...

I find the seats very comfortable. Took a 3000 KM road trip before in the Versa ... and found it more comfortable than Chuckie.
Yeah, if I take the hwy, and lower the seat and set cruise, im very happy, and conforatble. But most of my travel is city, so its gas, brake, gas, brake, etc. And its at night and morning. So I need to be up straight so I can see everything. But I bet a road trip would be confortable. Thats why I traded my 2000 camry, for the versa. Cause of the confort difference.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Ya it's comfortable for long trips and short trips. I really have no complaints. I lift the seat as high as I can, lol ... (Not that I'm short) ... I just like sitting higher up.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ya it's comfortable for long trips and short trips. I really have no complaints. I lift the seat as high as I can, lol ... (Not that I'm short) ... I just like sitting higher up.
I dont have the height option, so thats probaly another thing that would make it better. But I try to make the most of it. Thats why Id rather get a truck later on. So I dont have to worry about me fitting right all the time, I can switch back and forth.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Oh ... ya mine has the height adjustment.

I think eventually (when the Versa dies) I'll get something a bit bigger and higher up. A bit bigger though ... I don't like driving around huge cars.

·
Registered
551 Posts
for me...it was between my versa and a mazda 3...i went with the versa only because it was cheaper and i have heard of things going wrong with mazda engines and transmissions after 100,000 miles but i mean thats a lot of wear and tear too.
i'd still love to have a mazda tho....zoom zoom =)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
My brother has the Mazda Protege 5 (the yellow one that would appear on the commercials) ... our neighbours kids would always tell their dad "it's the zoom-zoom car" haha! He hasn't had good luck with it ... it's just a winter beater now for him.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i loved that yellow zoom zoom car when it came out! so few cars look good in yellow! i used to drive a corolla and i was so low to the ground. when i got into the v, i felt like i was driving a mini van since it was higher off the road. :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
They won't drive you up the wall, they'll drive you into one lmao.
LMAO!! I had to read it twice to fully understand it, lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts