Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while cruising the net I stumbled across a few things that make mention of a late model lineup addition to the versa. It's called the SL + FE. There is almost no info on this. It seems the same as an SL but gets a few more MPGs. It's even listed on the fueleconom.gov website.

I had heard that the new cubes had a reflashed CVT. I guess it's a comp reflashing. Maybe nissan grabbed the last bit of SL's and reflashed them. Does anyone know anything else about this model or have heard of it?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has to be more then that for nissan to make a whole new model.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems nissan did something to change the fuel economy on only the CVTs (which is another reason I think there is reflash) to get more MPG's. They wanted it retested by the EPA and couldn't do it without a new model name. Hence the versa SL + FE and the Sentra FE. Seems nissan is dubbing anymodel with CVT the FE.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know if the FE's have the reflash. I did read that the Cubes come with an updated program for the CVT. So I was just thinking being the same engine and I believe tranny that the new model FE Versa's had the same thing. But I have know evidence of this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.