Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Besides going to a Nissan dealership, is it possible to clone the car key for this vehicle? I damaged a plastic piece on the key which now prevents it from being attached to a key ring. The key and fob setup looks like this: photo of key and fob

If possible, would it even be possible to streamline the key and fob into a single switch blade device, like this: photo of switchblade

any help appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV on Fortune Auto coilovers.
27 Posts
Hey,
This is very possible and pretty easy to do. There’s clone keys on amazon for only about 30$/set of 2 and for me, I took it to a locksmith for the keycutting which was around 20-30$, then watched this video to program the key. Programming is probably a bit different for the ‘07-‘12 models but here is the link for that. I do not believe you can program the switchblade key unless it’s got a nissan chip, though. Good luck!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't know about the '09 but the key for my '16 doesn't have a chip so a regular $2 key will work. My keys have the fob made onto the key that opens the trunk/unlocks the doors. I did buy a couple of blanks right after I bought the car in '19, took them to the local hardware where they charged me $1 each to cut them then followed a you tube video on how to program the fob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts