Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering purchasing a 2009 Versa 1.8 sl with cvt transmission. I'm concerned about all the transmission problems with the cvt. The dealer replaced the transmission at 60,000 miles. The Versa now has 113,000 miles. Does anyone know if the new transmission that replaced the problematic transmission took care of the problem?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Considering purchasing a 2009 Versa 1.8 sl with cvt transmission. I'm concerned about all the transmission problems with the cvt. The dealer replaced the transmission at 60,000 miles. The Versa now has 113,000 miles. Does anyone know if the new transmission that replaced the problematic transmission took care of the problem?
I have a 2012 versa sedan, with about 20,000 miles on it, and the cvt transmission was replaced about 2 months ago because of a malfunction in the transmission control valve. The transmission was replaced under warranty, and I was given an additional 12 month warranty on the new transmission. If I were in the market to purchase a vehicle, I would stay away from the cvt transmission. They are more complicated than a standard automatic, and sometimes they are model specific, meaning they are not readily available from salvage yards or re-builders. Hope this helps you make the right choice.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
How much do they want as a S Sedan is like 10 grand new.

I think they are looking for a sucker to sell it to before it fails.

Are they offering any warranty on the car? Can you get an extended one on it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts