Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Versa Base 1.6.

Got squeaks.

Does this engine have a belt tensioner and a pulley ? One or both.

Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The usual belt squeak is more of a squeal. Happens most often when you start off from a stop. The belt speed isn't matching the rpm of the engine. You can put more tension on the belt but I'll bet you really need to replace the belt. Belts are relatively cheap (probably under $45.00) and pretty easy to put on.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Until you find out where the squeak comes from changing parts might be just throwing money away.

Car likely has both parts, if the mileage is high enough to require a belt (75K or higher) then changing belt only with no tensioner is false economy, the tensioner goes next and tears up the new belt. How smart is that? Yet I saw it all day long when I was in parts.............people are always cheap enough to cost themselves quadruple amounts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding and advice.

Yet. I can't find out if this 2009 Versa Base 1.6 has a belt tensioner or a pulley or both. That information I am seeking. A part number would be nice.

NAPA doesn't even list either part. Yes. I can go to the dealer.

Just thought I would ask here.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks. Everything seems to be for the 1.8.

I don't see any mention of the 1.6.
Apparently your 1.6 engine has the last of the non automatic belt tension adjusters. Below is a Youtube presentation showing a non automatic tensioner used on some Nissan cars. Tried on a number of parts web pages, and none seem to list an automatic tensioner for your car. Good luck!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nissan Dealer
Part Department

Went to dealer parts department and even that guy had tough time finding a belt tensioner and/or pulley. Took him about 15 minutes on computer clicking from page to page.

Here is what he came up with:

11927-1HCOA Pulley-Idler $ 69.50

11932-1HCOA Collar-Idler PU SPORD $ 10.84

11929-1HCOB Cover- Idler PUL SPORD $ 14.75

11930-1HCOA Nut SPORD $ 3.37

11928-1HCOB Spacer Compr SPORD $ 19.51

11978-1HCOA Bolt $ 19.96

11931-1HCOA Spacer Idler PU $ 10.84

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently your 1.6 engine has the last of the non automatic belt tension adjusters. Below is a Youtube presentation showing a non automatic tensioner used on some Nissan cars. Tried on a number of parts web pages, and none seem to list an automatic tensioner for your car. Good luck!!
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found this at Rock Auto:

DAYCO 89558
w/ Air Conditioning

$21.79

LINK

Not sure where and what the difference is between what Nissan dealer parts stated above and this from Rock Auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
songkrai
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing