Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Versa, automatic

Some lights on the dash - like the instrument cluster (speedo, gauges, etc.) work fine.

Lights that don't work are the ones in the center middle console area... the indicators around the climate control knobs, the light for the shift selector and maybe the ones in the radio buttons (wife's car) but the radio works.

At first it was reported only the shifter light was out so I replaced that bulb (did not illuminate when lights were turned on) then I found out the climate controls lights are out too and possibly the radio buttons - but the radio works.

I have pulled and visually inspected every fuse under from the inside compartment and one 10 amp in the fuse block under the hood and all appear fine. The other ones under the hood are all the heavy duty/multi kind. I suppose a fuse could look good but still be defective somehow but which one?

I read one place that it might be some computer module so unhook the battery for 5 minutes and hook it back up. Haven't tried that yet and nobody said that actually worked. Has anyone heard of that solution

If you suspect a fuse how would it be labeled in the legend on the fuse panel cover?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the problem and fixed it.

It turns out that in addition to some of the dash lights (climate controls, radio buttons) and shifter light not working there was also no tail lamps (brake lights okay).

Further research led me to the IDPM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) under the hood next to the battery.

Pulling that thing up revealed lots more fuses and relays - a little awkward to get to for inspection.

More reading led me to fuse #8 POS LAMPS and that was the culprit.

Visually inspected to see it was blown, replaced it and everything is working again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now that I think about it, my shifter lights have never worked in my 2011. I just assumed there were no lights there, kind of like the lock/unlock button on my door panels. Maybe I need to go fuse hunting as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.