Nissan Versa Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
365 Posts
Are you hearing the fuel pump cycle?? I'm wondering if it takes a few extra seconds for fuel to reach the injectors because something is obstructing (or slowing down) the fuel??
Many years ago, I had a Honda and when it was really cold, I'd have to cycle the fuel pump a few times to get extra fuel up to the rail/fuel injectors, otherwise it was very hard starting.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Are you hearing the fuel pump cycle?? I'm wondering if it takes a few extra seconds for fuel to reach the injectors because something is obstructing (or slowing down) the fuel??
Many years ago, I had a Honda and when it was really cold, I'd have to cycle the fuel pump a few times to get extra fuel up to the rail/fuel injectors, otherwise it was very hard starting.
Yes I can hear it cycle. If it was the pump, would still make that click noise or would just crank and make that noise like there is no fuel going to the injectors ?

· Registered
746 Posts
Ok so I did it and by just waiting a few seconds without taking out the key, it did turn on fine. This shit is hunted man.. I just don't understand..
When you turn the key into the Start position, at this point the power from the battery is applied to fuel pump (among other things). This allows the pump to pressure the fuel system. The problem is that the system should be already under the full working pressure because the engine was running just a few seconds ago.
So either your fuel pump is weak, or there is something with your fuel system that it does not keep the pressure.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When you turn the key into the Start position, at this point the power from the battery is applied to fuel pump (among other things). This allows the pump to pressure the fuel system. The problem is that the system should be already under the full working pressure because the engine was running just a few seconds ago.
So either your fuel pump is weak, or there is something with your fuel system that it does not keep the pressure.
But if that was the case, I think it should at least try to start and not do just the click sound like it does when the battery is completely dead. By the way the battery is only 3 months old...

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Slick- So what I did this morning is try to start it and obviously it did the click sound and did not start, however, instead of taking the key out completely, I just left it in the On position and waited a few seconds and tried it again and it started fine. Is looking like it has something to do with the key ignition/programming..
Also, this Versa was acting up a few months back where as I started, it would show like I had less gas in the tank. For example, if I had half of tank, It would show that it was almost empty... but I knew that it had half of tank because I always reset the mileage.. however, I would take the key out and restart the car and the needle would go back to normal, half of tank... would this has something to do with the ignition switch going bad and not sending the signal to the starter?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts