Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the forum and can definitely use some help. I have a 2010 Nissan Versa with about 110,000 miles on it. My Nissan stalled on me while driving on the freeway. We assumed it was due to the fuel being dirty because it's happened to my boyfriends car. So we attempted to clean it out with some "fuel cleaner" It started up but as soon as we pressed on the gas it goes right back out. We were told it was the fuel pump. So we had it replaced. We also were told to replace the battery & canister purge valve solenoid. All codes that appeared while check engine light was on. The car started and ran perfectly for about two blocks! It then started to stall out AGAIN. It's so frustrating because we've spent a lot of money replacing parts and my car still isn't working. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello I'm new to the forum and can definitely use some help. I have a 2010 Nissan Versa with about 110,000 miles on it. My Nissan stalled on me while driving on the freeway. We assumed it was due to the fuel being dirty because it's happened to my boyfriends car. So we attempted to clean it out with some "fuel cleaner" It started up but as soon as we pressed on the gas it goes right back out. We were told it was the fuel pump. So we had it replaced. We also were told to replace the battery & canister purge valve solenoid. All codes that appeared while check engine light was on. The car started and ran perfectly for about two blocks! It then started to stall out AGAIN. It's so frustrating because we've spent a lot of money replacing parts and my car still isn't working. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Wish I could give you a definite answer, but these two items could also be at fault. Without a code being thrown, it will be hard to pin down exactly what is going on. Good luck!!

Engine May Stall Due to Failed Crankshaft and/or Camshaft Sensor on Nissan Versa

Problem Description and Possible Solution:
The engine may stall at times or fail to start due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I said run for codes in your other post but you say you have. Post the EXACT codes here, often people misinterpret them to send a lot on the wrong things. Codes do not necessarily point at exact wrong parts, more like pointing in a general direction to have someone intelligent (please don't take that as an insult) logic out what is going on there, they point towards conditions that have occurred.

If they run ethanol in your local fuel it could be as simple as some water getting into the tank and common.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maintenance schedule?

Try Replacing the fuel filter. I bet its never been changed.. Located under the car next to the fuel tank on the pass side if my memory serves me correct..

Check air filter possible mouse nest could be in it ( clean mass air flow sensor Located just behind the filter ) ..

Check spark plugs 110k is a lot of miles on the original plugs..

could be a bad TPS ( throttle position sensor ) possible Cam or Crank position sensor.. start with the easiest/ cheapest thing first ..

Codes will help.. good luck

·
Registered
939 Posts
Filter may well be inside the tank as part of the pump assembly, it is for sure the next year and '10 was a pass-thru year as far as changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
amc49
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing