Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I am new here. I just wanted to say hey, I might be joining you alot here. I am curious to what you all think of this car.
I am going to look at a 2010 Nissan Versa, Hatchback, 6 Speed on Friday. With 33,000 Miles. Any thoughts?

Thanks

!!!

G

·
I have a 2011 that I bought new,,I have put 43000 miles on it and havent had any problems,,I think its a great car,,,welcome to the forums

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a great car! Comfy and sporty (I have a 6pd manual) Althouh it's having issues, it's a rare thing! Go enjoy the test drive!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Like posts above, its a good car. I got mine for like 12K with 34,000 miles on it. It was 2011 4 spd automatic S version.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I am going to take a look on Friday and I figured the best way to get reviews was from directly from people. I was originally going to look at the hyundai accent SE but that thing is sloooow and uncustomizable!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I have had my Versa for a long time now (almost 5 years), one of the vets on the forum, haha, and car is great with only a few issues for me (covered under warranty though). If you like it, and the price is right, then go for it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
6 speed versions buzzy at higher hwy speeds???

Hey All, I am new here. I just wanted to say hey, I might be joining you alot here. I am curious to what you all think of this car.
I am going to look at a 2010 Nissan Versa, Hatchback, 6 Speed on Friday. With 33,000 Miles. Any thoughts?

Thanks

!!!
Some have said that the 6sp manual is a close-ratio which makes the engine turn at about 4000 rpm @ 80 mph, as opposed to the 5sp or 4sp automatic which turn considerably slower at such a road speed.

Is this true?

6sp owners might want to comment on this.

Cheers!

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Some have said that the 6sp manual is a close-ratio which makes the engine turn at about 4000 rpm @ 80 mph, as opposed to the 5sp or 4sp automatic which turn considerably slower at such a road speed.

Is this true?

6sp owners might want to comment on this.

Cheers!
Yep. I'm at about 4k rpms @ 80mph with mine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
oh wow, i didnt know that. im at 3k rpm when im at 80mph. does that affect ur mpg economy at all?

·
Registered
321 Posts
32-34K rpm here.. I think it gives better mileage that's why automatics are usually always listed as 1-4mpg higher than manual

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
manual rocks:Dwelcome!

·
Registered
106 Posts
A little late to reply but back on topic

An honest assessment of the Versa is at best it is a mediocre car. I have owned many cars and currently have five in the family fleet.

High points: Room. Nothing in its class comes close to passenger space. If you routinely haul around three or four people and need a small car, the Versa is great.

In 2007, when I bought my Versa, the car was somewhat competitive. For the money it had some good features many other cars in it's class didn't have like, anti-lock brakes, side airbags, etc. A 2007 Toyota Corolla with the same features was approx $4000 more at the time.

The Versa does not age gracefully. It has a ride like a frozen turd and rattles badly. Many interior parts feel and look cheap. Mine has been in the shop for several odd problems that can be traced to poor quality parts or construction. I am currently renting a 2012 Versa hatchback while my 07 is in the shop being repaired from a rear end collision. Nothing has changed in five years and the 2012 has the same frozen turd ride and rattles. Expect gas mileage 20% worse than other cars in it's class.

If you can pick up a clean Versa that is several thousand less than a comparable Corolla, Focus, or Elantra, it may be worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.