Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’m new here and honestly should have joined years ago. I’m seeking advice for my V. I have a 2010 V hatchback non-cvt automatic and I’m having a problem with it shifting into 4th gear. I’ve had this car since 2012 and drove it to 185,000 miles and then the motor blew. I bought a used motor (Japanese pull-out about 60K miles or less) and after swapping the busted motor for the used motor I can’t shift into 4th gear. The team was fine before the motor blew, what could it be now?

I did a fluid flush on the trans and made sure there is enough fluid. I made sure OD is on (the OD OFF light is not on) Any advice?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi,

I’m new here and honestly should have joined years ago. I’m seeking advice for my V. I have a 2010 V hatchback non-cvt automatic and I’m having a problem with it shifting into 4th gear. I’ve had this car since 2012 and drove it to 185,000 miles and then the motor blew. I bought a used motor (Japanese pull-out about 60K miles or less) and after swapping the busted motor for the used motor I can’t shift into 4th gear. The team was fine before the motor blew, what could it be now?

I did a fluid flush on the trans and made sure there is enough fluid. I made sure OD is on (the OD OFF light is not on) Any advice?
I can't seem to find any written information regarding the operation of the overdrive circuit being related to the temperature of the engine. I know with my wife's 2009 versa sedan, in the winter, the overdrive will not engage when the engine if first started cold. After the engine has been running for about 3-5 minutes, and the temperature has risen a little, the overdrive will kick in and work from that point on with no problem. If the engine is stopped, and restarted a short time later, the overdrive will operate normally immediately without any delay.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Fluid temperature sensor in the trans pan. OD will not shift until closed loop or engine warmed up.

With the OP scenario I would be looking at the work done, the wiring harness may have faulted moving trans around.

The OD light MUST come ON too to show the circuit is working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts