Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I checked Walmart and Best Buy for a replacement radio. My request is HD Radio, USB input, MP3 input, and possibly SD card input. I do not need a CD player. Bluetooth would be nice, but not required. The problem I keep running into are necessary install kits and adapters bringing the cost way up. Does anyone know of a good HD radio that would slide right in without an extra kit and maybe only an HD adapter? I am not mechanical so a video installation may help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Check out Crutchfield.com ,, if you buy a radio from them they will include all the installation adapters, EVERYTHING needed for installation for free of charge. They have amazing customer service, and they ship suppper fast, and free. Plus they have tons of radios to choose from so you will find exactly what you're looking for.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I checked there and found a JVC double din HD radio that does not require an install kit. Only need to wire the adapter and antenna. Looks easy to install. $229 for everything when Best Buy wanted $334 to install a much cheaper unit. Amazon has the same unit for $199 with free shipping. Maybe I can order the adapter connection and antenna connection there too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I found a nice pioneer deck single din HD for $12 on Crutchfield. comes with everything I need to install it as well...
I seconde the idea of using Crutchfield they have their poop together....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I finally decided to buy a Kenwood unit from Crutchfield.com. Total is less than $95 with all the kit and wires. I can put my music on a 32GB USB drive and no longer need to bring my tablet in the car. It also has the feature I wanted where it displays the artist and song on the radio/USB. I decided HD radio was not necessary with basic speakers. Should arrive in a few days. I'm taking it to a local audio shop to install. They've always treated me right and will do a great job installing it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, I finally decided to buy a Kenwood unit from Crutchfield.com. Total is less than $95 with all the kit and wires. I can put my music on a 32GB USB drive and no longer need to bring my tablet in the car. It also has the feature I wanted where it displays the artist and song on the radio/USB. I decided HD radio was not necessary with basic speakers. Should arrive in a few days. I'm taking it to a local audio shop to install. They've always treated me right and will do a great job installing it.
let us know how she looks

been meaning to upgrade my crappy radio to an HD radio, or one that has Bluetooth.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll keep you posted how it looks. The audio shop says they will install it for $85. I'm just not mechanical and it is worth them doing it right as they warranty the install for lifetime. The radio has great reviews.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The new radio looks and works great. I am selling the factory radio on Ebay. The installer told me that I made a wise choice not getting the HD radio as many complain about reception. The only problem is that Crutchfield.com listed the radio as supporting RDS and it actually doesn't. They are giving me a $20 credit back for the missing feature.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I listed the factory radio on Ebay. Someone interested asked if the 2010 Versa HB radio would fit in a 2010 Versa Sedan 1.6 that he has without a radio. Crutchfield shows the exact same radio for the hatchback and sedan. I said it would probably fit and to verify with an audio shop. He also asked about the wiring which I used for the new radio. Not sure if the sedan came prewired or not for a factory radio. I said there is a connector and antenna wire needed.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I listed the factory radio on Ebay. Someone interested asked if the 2010 Versa HB radio would fit in a 2010 Versa Sedan 1.6 that he has without a radio. Crutchfield shows the exact same radio for the hatchback and sedan. I said it would probably fit and to verify with an audio shop. He also asked about the wiring which I used for the new radio. Not sure if the sedan came prewired or not for a factory radio. I said there is a connector and antenna wire needed.
If it's a 2010 sedan, should definitely fit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold the factory radio on Ebay. The buyer installed it and says it works great. Not sure what Versa he installed the radio in. Glad he is happy and so am I. My new radio plays my music off a USB thumb drive. Wonder when Nissan will add that feature to their factory radios.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It has been a few months with the new radio. I'm still learning some of the features. The stock speakers sound good enough and glad I didn't buy HD radio as my local stations play just fine. I like the extra compartment created by the single Din radio which stores my pens and other things. The only thing that seems to be a problem is I do not have an iphone with Pandora or the app to select the albums to play. I have to scroll sequentially through the folders on the thumb drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ever since I started putting radios in my car I have always used crutchfield. I like how they always include the necessary hardware and instructions to make it look like a factory install. I always use and recommend crutchfield.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.