Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to owners manual, supposed to be a 3 position switch right beside the interior light to select On/OFF/DOOR position.
My car has 2 interior light, no switch, they can be turned On/Off by pushing on them.
I want light to come ON when door opens and to stay OFF when I am inside car.
Any suggestion how ?
Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
The light with on/off/door is the main room light that is above your right shoulder.
I have seen the on/off/door type light on the overhead console only 2 or 3 times. Generally those are on/off map lights there.
You can do what you want with the lights, you just have to mess with the wire harness under the headliner a little bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want the light off, then you should turn it off. It can’t detect automatically whether you want it on or not.
If you are too lazy to press the button, you can try the LED lights with remote control from your phone. They can change colors to your liking and can be synchronized with the music that you listen to. This is much cooler than just sitting in a dark car or having the basic lights on. These LEDs can turn the car into a nightclub or a small restaurant on the outskirts of the town – depending on what you want today.
So, consider installing them, and you will not regret it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts