Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2010 Versa S and after a few days it stalled when I get as at idle, turned it back on and it did it again about 2 minutes later. Then it was fine for a few days and it did it again when I was at a light waiting. What should I be checking to see what the problem is?

Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
I assume that you got the car "used"? What I would do is check to see if the prior owner installed an external fuel filter. If there is one, I would change it out with a new one. Next on the agenda would be to add a can of "dry gas" or fuel conditioner to you fuel tank. The prior owner may have picked up some contaminated fuel on the last fill up. If those steps do not solve the problem, you could have problem with the fuel pump. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed the rpms go under 1000 and then you can hear it putt putt some then it will turn off. If I can see it doing it, pushing on the gas pedal stops it from stalling. It may do it for a few minutes then nothing the rest of the day. In the past week it probably has done it about 8 times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts