Nissan Versa Forums banner

2011 Nissan Versa Blower Motor Noisy

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  V65 
#1 ·
Because likely of a mouse, Dealer wants 600 Bucks to fix a 50 Dollar part..Does anyone know of a easier way to get at the Blower from under the dash on the left side? I have seen a good video but for the life of me cant find it now..Its a bad design!

#6 ·
If you intend on doing this yourself, I would highly recommend you go to a You Pull It and take a dash off a Versa there. It gives you an idea of what is involved,
and what can break if removed improperly.

If you do go this route, keep the screws from the U pull It dash.
Nothing like that close to me here,,So for a new motor what do you suggest?

#9 ·
^ The Sentra in that lower video doesn't look bad since all you have to do is remove a lower dash piece, the brake pedal assembly and computer component. The videos I've seen on the Versa sedans required those basic components and a lot more. If it was my daily driver and in the winter time, I'd gladly (well not really..) pay someone $600 to fix that.

#10 ·
You've got a 2011 Versa. So do I. This is the YouTube vid I followed with success. You do not need to pull apart the dash. Very simple and not much more work than replacing the cabin filter.

In my case I had a clicking noise. I assumed the motor was going out. The car was still covered under an 8 year 120k mile warranty so I brought it into the dealership. Silly me. Dealership claimed diagnosing the noise or replacing the motor wasn't covered. Exsqueeze me?

I refused to pay anything. Found the above linked vid and assessed the issue. Turned out it was just the part number sticker from the blower motor itself that came off and was clicking on the fins of the blower. Think of a playing card hitting the spokes of a bicycle tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.