Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like the mods (I see wheels, stillen front lip and back spoiler), tastefully done and looks nice, and and the fact that it's really barely used, but that's not a good deal if you ignore the mods, or even if it has them. I mean, ok, it's a 1.8 S with the 4-speed automatic. That's the MSRP of a new SL, $2,000 more than a new S, and about what I might try to haggle my way into paying on a LOADED new SL. Anyway, yeah, cool mods, but not a good deal, unless you actually really like those mods and would've bought them anyway. But as someone once said "$X of stuff you don't need (or want) is worth $0.)" I'd say if you want it try to haggle it down to at LEAST the MSRP of a new S. It's a used car and it's a lower-end model. Tell them you really wish it was an SL or had a manual, but...yeah anyway I don't think at that price it's a good deal.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is if you can get them to give it to you for $2,000 less I'd call that a good deal.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I agree!! If your gonna pay that kind of money, you could prolly a loaded SL for about $500 more out the door. Or I got the Sentra SE for $18,500 out the door, and thats an even better deal. I was thinking of getting a loaded SL Versa, till I realized what the Sentra SE was going for. It's all up to you. That's the buttom line. Your driving it, not us.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Dude you can get a sentra for that much...hell you could probably step into a ser, spec v, altima 2.5 for a grand or two more if you play ur cards right....don't get me wrong she looks clean...I love it but for that price...you could get something nicer or use the money to mod your car just like it. Really don't see the sense in trading in ur car for the same thing cause that one has rims...etc.but that's just me..either way I like the car

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 1.8 S came with a 6 disc in dash MP3 player. I didn't think the stereo was specific to a certain option/package, i dunno... not sure what's in that one but it's not exactly the same. I gave about 1k less for mine with zero mods but then again it was the cheapest out of 2 dealers with better options and only 13 miles. My 2 cents.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I agree, for a few grand more you can get a used 2.0 SL sentra, SE-R or even a base Altima 2.5 and those have around 140-175hp. The Versa is a great car, but you can get a better deal if you do more research.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I was just comparing prices. I would never spend that kind of money on an auto...i'd rather spend a little more and get a 6spd Altima.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I can never get how someone can buy a brand new car and put a couple hundred maybe even thousand bucks on it to just go and trade it in later. Don't they know that none of that is gonna help them on the trade in value. On another note, think I've seen that car on cardomain. Guess the owner got sick of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.