Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 2011 Versa S hatchback (4dr) and both of her low beams quit working one day. I did a visual inspection around the car and the rest of the lights work normally.

I checked and the low beam lights are not burned out.
I also pulled the PITA fuse box (right of the battery, the upside-down one) and checked the L/R low beam fuses and they are both still good from visual inspection.

Looking online for the location of the low beam relay, I seem to come to a road block. Every picture I can find showing the PITA fuse box doesn't match with the fuse box that she has. All of the images have fuses in the middle and a bank of about 6 relays on either side, while hers is hodge-podge looking and only has about 4 relays in total. I tried to remove one but they are pretty tight and I ended up cracking one of the relay housings.

I am at a loss as to where to look next. Ideas?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would be willing to bet the contacts in her headlight switch on the steering column may need to be cleaned or adjusted for better contact. The link below isn't for a Versa, but the process should be similar.

Fix Your Dash, Brights and Tail Lights in 15 min!! - Nissan Forum

My friend has a 2011 Versa S hatchback (4dr) and both of her low beams quit working one day. I did a visual inspection around the car and the rest of the lights work normally.

I checked and the low beam lights are not burned out.
I also pulled the PITA fuse box (right of the battery, the upside-down one) and checked the L/R low beam fuses and they are both still good from visual inspection.

Looking online for the location of the low beam relay, I seem to come to a road block. Every picture I can find showing the PITA fuse box doesn't match with the fuse box that she has. All of the images have fuses in the middle and a bank of about 6 relays on either side, while hers is hodge-podge looking and only has about 4 relays in total. I tried to remove one but they are pretty tight and I ended up cracking one of the relay housings.

I am at a loss as to where to look next. Ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts