Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at replacing the lower control arms on a 2011 Nissan Versa hatchback. There is a considerable cost difference between OEM from Nissan and ordering from a parts store (like Rock Auto). Can anybody speak on the quality of a replacement part like Moog, or is better to just buy the parts directly from Nissan?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually I'm getting it replaced in my 2012 HB, right side.
I bought the Mogg one after reading many positive reviews. Nissan asked me almost 500$ to replace it! :O

I'm having it installed on Monday, then will see it from there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I'm getting it replaced in my 2012 HB, right side.
I bought the Mogg one after reading many positive reviews. Nissan asked me almost 500$ to replace it! :O

I'm having it installed on Monday, then will see it from there...
Do you have an update? how did it go?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey OP, I was able to find a genuine OEM Nissan parts listing page with the options for the lower control arm replacement. The Nissan catalog has a the OEM description calling it a complete link transverse. You can narrow down the options based on your VIN for more accuracy on the site. This is the first place I go to for everything OEM Nissan. Here's the listing page https://www.nissanpartsprime.com/parts-list/2011-nissan-versa-hatchback/front-suspension.html?Diagram=401_A002&PartNumbers=54500-EL00D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally replaced the left control arm (driver side) and the PITA part is to actually move the transaxle up in order to get the central screw out. This is for 2007-2012 Versa HB.

In order to do this you have to get the engine filter out (all the plastic parts), the battery out, unscrew the two mount screw under the battery hood and lift the transaxle up from under the car.

The rest is not so hard to do, it only takes time and many tools because you need to apply a lot of force to unscrew everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Ecatexy
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing