Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 nissan versa S sedan with 19,000 miles and the brake peddle would stick to the floor, when I would break. I had to pump the breaks to stop. Obviously this is not normal so I took it to nissan. They found that the Master Cylinder was leaking and not working correctly. They had to replace the Master Cylinder. Are others having the same problem. I hear the FEDS are opening a recall case on this problem. Any info would be helpful Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2014 nissan versa S sedan with 19,000 miles and the brake peddle would stick to the floor, when I would break. I had to pump the breaks to stop. Obviously this is not normal so I took it to nissan. They found that the Master Cylinder was leaking and not working correctly. They had to replace the Master Cylinder. Are others having the same problem. I hear the FEDS are opening a recall case on this problem. Any info would be helpful Thanks!
Thanks, ill be cautious now

·
Registered
519 Posts
A couple of people seem to have written about this problem aside from you. Several people also reported that they did not have a problem including me.

After they replaced the master cylinder, can I assume that fixed your problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After Nissan replaced my Master Cylinder, the same problem is happening again. I will be taking my Versa back to Nissan yet Again!!!! with 19,800 miles!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
After Nissan replaced my Master Cylinder, the same problem is happening again. I will be taking my Versa back to Nissan yet Again!!!! with 19,800 miles!!!
Track how many miles and how much time between each visit to the dealer for the same repair. You are getting close to Lemon Law territory now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think your right! I know I still have the 3yr 36,000 mile warranty but If Nissan keeps on trying to fix the same problem on the breaks and can't fix it you would think they would have to give me my money back or let me pick out a new versa? I purchased the car in NC but now live in Ohio and in Ohio the lemon law pretty much expires after 19,000 or it might be 20,000 i was told. I will for sure consider taking action. I have a appointment to take in my versa this Monday and see what Nissan says and if its not fixed I will be forced to get a lawyer because this is not right at all!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think your right! I know I still have the 3yr 36,000 mile warranty but If Nissan keeps on trying to fix the same problem on the breaks and can't fix it you would think they would have to give me my money back or let me pick out a new versa? I purchased the car in NC but now live in Ohio and in Ohio the lemon law pretty much expires after 19,000 or it might be 20,000 i was told. I will for sure consider taking action. I have a appointment to take in my versa this Monday and see what Nissan says and if its not fixed I will be forced to get a lawyer because this is not right at all!
Hmm, looks like it's actually only applicable if the problem began within the first 18k miles. How many miles were on the car the first time you encountered the problem? Was it within the first 12 months of ownership?

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers/Consumer-Tips/Consumer-Tips-Auto/Lemon-Laws

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just figured out that because I bought the car in North Carolina, the North Carolina lemon law will apply to this case. So the NC law basicly states that if they can't fix the same problem (brakes jam at 55mph-60mph) with in 24,000 miles or within 4 separate visits to the Nissan dealer they will have to give me a prorated amount for the car and cut me a check or give me a Versa of similar worth. UPDATE: I took my versa into Nissan today. They couldn't reenact the brakes jamming to the floor at 55-60 mph today so the shop supervisor had a Tech drive it home and test it more. I don't know what to do if they either can't feel or ignore the brake problem because I have 4,000 miles left until the lemon law is up! There is all kinds of new cases opening up on complaints about the breaks jaming on the 2012-2014 versa's and 2013 sentra on the internet now. The Fed's opened up the case and Nissan has not even made a statement about it! How many people have to die in order for Nissan to admit their mistake with the brakes and recall the brakes. Lets risk peoples lives and see what we can get away with and make money! Nissan is no better then GM with recalls in this case!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
14nismoversa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing