Nissan Versa Forums banner

2012 Hatchback buying options changed

8K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Versa S 2009 
You sure you don't have 16" wheels? I am actually looking for a set of b16 16" machined face alloys that's why I ask.

OP means the US 2012 nissan versa hatchback. It is coming out in the US as a 2012 model but it looks exactly like all of your hatchbacks. It's not getting restyled until next year.

Yes it's a navy blue metallic I believe. I didn't know they stopped making versa's in this color. I see them all the time. I'm not a fan.

I don't think there is any hype over the new sedan :). It seems nobody on the web likes it at all. If you get a chance and they have base model can you snap a pic of the gauge cluster. Supposedly it has no tachometer and I can't find a pic of it anywhere.

seen that too bout the wipers. We thought 09 base model was a stripper, this is much worse IMHO. Actually the best versa IMHO is the 2011 1.6. Came with power windows, locks, ABS, AC, 5spd, 1.6 engine, intermittent wipers and was less then $12k with destination fee. That car is a unicorn though. I have never seen one.

there is the unicorn right there! Used and even more money then new :D. I would have loved to have snagged one of those. But in 09 when I was buying all those goodies weren't available. That was a nice package nissan put together for one year. Actually half a year since the early 11's didn't have the power locks and window.

Well toyota is #1 so bland sells. Nissan knows this. Nissan was shutting its doors in the late 90's. Practically bankrupt and closing shop before the deal with renault and making these now bland cars. I loved the 90's nissans. Flooded with rwd, sr20's, turbo's and awesome designs. None of which sold and made them money.

Ah, didn't know that. Doesn't make sence though...why would they redesign the sedan and not the hatch? Doesn't the hatch sell more than the sedan?
It should be the other way around.
I think the hatch sells so well they figure they can get away with one more year of the old car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.