Nissan Versa Forums banner

2012 Hatchback buying options changed

8K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Versa S 2009 
#1 · (Edited)
I noticed that the 2012 hatchback S model is now $14,380, and the SL is $18,390, thats $4,010 more for an SL!!! But I have noticed that when you buy an SL the sport package like the 2011 is standard, but now so is bluetooth, intelligent key, steering wheel controls, 16" alloys, etc. So everything that we would have to pay extra on the previous models is now standard on SL, and the only options is a navi system, and judging the navi system with the one that came with mine, id say don't spend the money. Buy yourself an aftermarket reciever that does navi, or use a garmin. The navi sucks, has a lag to it no matter what your doing, IPOD skips here and there, and does not do very good with high volume. So that's the $4000 reason. According to the website, I don't see an option for sunroof anymore. The S model is availible with the convience package, but so is a special edition for $770!!! Very cool. Nothing special but the alloys, but hey it's still cool to me. It's just $70 cheaper then the convience package, but it just depends on weather u want machined alloys or not. No pictures of the alloys yet, id love to see them. I wounder if they are the same color combo like my sentra SE alloys. Blue onyx is now another color option.

The SE comes with
■15" machined-finish aluminum-alloy wheels
■Special Edition badge
■Cruise control with steering-wheel-mounted controls
■Remote keyless entry
■Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
■Premium AM/FM/CD audio system
■MP3/WMA CD playback capability
■Interface System for iPod® [1]
■Radio Data System (RDS)
■Speed-sensitive volume control
■Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
■Leather-wrapped steering wheel
■Overhead sunglasses storage and front map lights
■Tricot woven headliner and visors
■Cargo area cover

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
You sure you don't have 16" wheels? I am actually looking for a set of b16 16" machined face alloys that's why I ask.
Yes I have 16"s, but I mean I wounder if they will be all machined, or like mine machined and black.

Discussion starter · #11 · (Edited)
Is the blue onyx the navy blue colour that used to be an available colour?
Correct about no redesign for 2012, it will look like the 07-11 hatch's. Nissanusa.com shows the 2012 and it's specs. The blue onyx was availible on the sedan for 07-11, but now it's for the hatch. I believe the sedan still has the onyx, but it also has the metallic blue now as well for 2012. The onyx is a navy/dark blue. Nissan gave the dark colors to the sedan, and the bright sporty colors to the hatch.

Discussion starter · #14 · (Edited)
I didnt like it either, but like the cube, it's starting to grow on me. I still don't care for the interior though. But according to nissan it does not have a tach, but it does have a trip computer...hmmmm....... bad thinking nissan. Should have both or just the tach. The Variable intermittent windshield wipers is only availible on SL! wtf?

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Discussion starter · #18 ·
Yeah I was kinda in the same boat in 09 myself when I bought an S. The two things I paid extra for in 09 either came standard or was in the power package, which was cruise and ABS. It was cheaper in 10. But if I had waited one more yr I would have gotten an SL with standard traction control, so I feel ya there. Witch means that i bet that 1.6 model of yours just needs a few fuses, and the wiring in the doors, and id bet ud have power windows and locks. But I think it's rediculous how they started doing good by offering better things standard, and then they came out with the redesign and its like we are back to when they came out in 07 with nothing in them, what a stupid move.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)
Awesome for the sunroof package and manual on SL. ;) It must be a Canada thing, cause we can't get those options configured like that, :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.