Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Hatchback S - New to forum, Embarrassing Admission

I bought a 2012 Versa Hatchback a couple of months ago. It has the six speed manual, and I absolutely love it. I was, however, disappointed at the size of the glove box. Turns out (I think) that what I thought was the glove box was actually just a compartment on the hatch. I've always considered myself a reasonably intelligent guy, but, if all that space behind the little compartment is usable space, I'll need to seriously rethink my status. In my defense, I did buy the car from a non Nissan dealer, and the poor guy knew nothing about the car. In fact, it took me several minutes to figure out how to put it in reverse.

I think I've overshared. Just looking for some commiseration and support.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really. I was posting as an introduction and a laugh at my own expense. I honestly thought that little compartment on the lid was as big as the glove box was. Happy to find a forum devoted to this great little car. I picked up a 2012 HB with 27K miles on it for $10,800. I'm a little concerned about the reliability of the engine, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy to be here! I love the combination of the 1.8L and the 6 spd manual. The corner cutting of sound insulation actually makes for great driving sounds.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Did you bash your fingers in reaching in the glove box lol, welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Not really. I was posting as an introduction and a laugh at my own expense. I honestly thought that little compartment on the lid was as big as the glove box was. Happy to find a forum devoted to this great little car. I picked up a 2012 HB with 27K miles on it for $10,800. I'm a little concerned about the reliability of the engine, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
No problem. Laughing is healthy. Do you have any plans for your V(short for Versa)?

I wish I had a 6speed too. I have a 5speed and that extra gear would be great on the highway. :wink

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem. Laughing is healthy. Do you have any plans for your V(short for Versa)?

I wish I had a 6speed too. I have a 5speed and that extra gear would be great on the highway. :wink
Yeh, I felt pretty silly when I realized there was actually plenty of space in the glove box. No plans for the V. After 10 years with a truck that's been dying a slow death for the last 5, I smile every time I turn the ignition and nothing smokes or falls off!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

I have a 6 spd and can tell you that it doesn't make that much difference. I am at a loss as to why they went with 6 instead of 5. The 6th gear ratio isn't as tall as you might expect, but rather they are all just a little closer. Keeps you shifting to keep it in its power band.

·
Registered
691 Posts
6th gear is basically 5th gear... like he said they're just closer together to make for slightly more tolerable stop and go driving. 1st is useless if any hard acceleration is needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts