Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im from south california and wanted to know if a 30k major service is worth it for my 2012 nissan versa sedan automatic? Or should i settle for a like 15 k sevice and check rest myself?...whats the cheapest way? Im going to need new brakes soon and tires soon, what kind of breaks or tires do you recommend thats good and affordable.

Please feel free to post any problems that may happen with this model in the future

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a Nissan-recommended option that was developed for owners who want the ultimate in preventative maintenance. With this schedule, more maintenance items are regularly checked or replaced than with the other schedules. Premium Maintenance provides the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your Nissan has been maintained at the highest level.

·
Registered
226 Posts
alright so the original post is a little old, but here's my take and experience.

If you're still under warranty, I'd get only what is required to maintain the warranty. Anything beyond that is largely a money grab.

Once you're out of warranty, visual checks, regular fluid changes, and preventive stuff is all that should really be needed until spark plugs are required. I'm still on stock plugs at 90k miles, but I know they are overdue, I'm just procrastinating, because the job is a time consuming pain.

As far as tires I got a set of Kumho Eco-Solus tires when my stock conti's went out at around 55k. They're an ultra low rolling resistant tire, with a very hard tread compound. Dry traction is fine, snow and wet traction are not great, but for such a hard tire it's really not bad, and they are very predictable. They ride rougher over bumps than the stock conti's as well. All of it was expected though based on what the tire was meant for: efficiency and long life, so overall no complaints there.

Brakes, I repalced my stock brakes with EBC vented rotors and Hawk pads. Very, very happy with the combination. braking response is significantly improved, as is braking distance. There is less dust and no squeaks. This is my go-to combination for all my vehicles now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.